05+ Superduty Axles

DirtyChemist

Premium Member
I paid about $1,300 for a set of one tons two years ago. If I knew super duty’s were in town for $900 it would have been an easy purchase. They’re never going to make it to a junk yard.

Dennis

Administrator
Staff member
I bought 2 99-04 SD front axles two years ago, for $300 each, from Reno Auto Wrecking. Now they list them for $350. 05+ are more desirable, hence the higher price tag.

DirtyChemist

Premium Member
I bought 2 99-04 SD front axles two years ago, for $300 each, from Reno Auto Wrecking. Now they list them for $350. 05+ are more desirable, hence the higher price tag.

Do you think there is enough of a difference to justify the additional cost?

Mr_Scott

Premium Member
I paid about $1,300 for a set of one tons two years ago. If I knew super duty’s were in town for $900 it would have been an easy purchase. They’re never going to make it to a junk yard.
This is what I paid yesterday at Reno Auto Wrecking. In contrast, I contacted WFO Concepts in Auburn who, apparently sit on a huge pile of them. They quoted me $1700 for just the 60 in standard junkyard condition.

Mr_Scott

Premium Member
Picked up axles today, looks like they had a set or two left at R.A.W. if anyone is looking. Hard to beat the price anymore.