1997 Chevy Tahoe - $500

Navaman

The Tahoe has finally approached death. As mentioned in the title, this is a 1997 Chevy Tahoe 4x2. The engine is currently misfiring. Even when the engine isn't misfiring, it runs like shit. It burns through oil like no tomorrow, power steering fluid disappears, and the transmission oil was a bit low a while ago. That sounds really bad which is why I decided not pursue any more repairs and bite the bullet and eat the sunk costs. Why buy this car: parts!

1. It has the late 90's Tahoe body style that is/was fashionable amongst some 4x4. There is peeling paint but not a lot of dents. Minimal rust.
  2. Rear spider gears were professionally repacked 3 years/20k miles ago.
  3. New rear brakes put on 2 months ago. About 1k miles.
  4. New front ball joints about the same
  5. New brake mastercylinder, roughly same
  6. Front end steering parts about 25k miles ago
  7. Various small parts here and there replaced over the past few years
  8. 4 BFGOODRICH ALL-TERRAIN T/A KO2 tires, 33x12.5R15, 2 have about 1k and 2 have about 10k miles
The interior is shit without anything scavenging. Maybe the backseat if you need one. There is hole in a rear window.

So, for $500, the body parts of this car are yours. It drives but isn't registered as it needed to be smogged and registration was due at the end of June.

I would very much hope not to send this to the junkyard. If nothing else, I can appreciate all it takes something like this going. I live in the downtown Reno area. Contact Bob @ [email protected] or text 714-438-9866

Last edited: