2" back space wheels

KYOTA

Summit has or can get the US Wheels style 84 (Black Daytona) with reverse offsets but from what I've read they will come uncoated. You do know that a reversed wheel will have the safety bead on the outside right? especially useless if you beadlock them. just an FYI.

rusty_tlc

KYOTA said:
Summit has or can get the US Wheels style 84 (Black Daytona) with reverse offsets but from what I've read they will come uncoated. You do know that a reversed wheel will have the safety bead on the outside right? especially useless if you beadlock them. just an FYI.
I thought there were safety beads on both sides?

KYOTA

well sorta, the one on the ouside is only about an inch wide compared to the one on inside thats probably 2 1/2" wide (on the US wheels) so when you reverse the shell the your more likely to lose a bead on the inside when aired down, and if your going to do DIY locks, your defeating the purpose. I vote for spacers versus reversed wheels, if you keep an eye on them and keep them properly torqued, spacers arent as bad as everyone makes them out to be.

rusty_tlc

After I read Kayotas post I called US wheel. The guy I talked to really didn't want to wast time on me. The Daytona 84 series is available with a 2" back space, uncoated only, and they do reverse the rim.

So I called Allied, who wouldn't talk to me at all but refered me to the local Les Schwab shop. They had me on hold forever, lucky I was at work :D . When I did talk to someone they were very helpfull. Turns out a few people have ordered the exact wheel I need recently, including one guy with a Cruiser. They ares supposed to cal back tomorrow with pricing.

PizzaJeep

good luck with 2"... theyre impossible to find anymore. cragar used to make them, but now you can only get 2.5".. i went through the whole damn thing just 2 months ago... summit can get you rims with the 2.5" but they come unpainted as though you would seriously buy a rim that youd have to paint. the best way to get them is by just calling up 4 wheel parts WHOLESALERS.. the guys in every 4x4 magazine. they can get you a set of 15x10 rims with 2.5" bs for like 73 a piece shipped to you door... going to 4wheel parts retailers on rock will result in you getting a crappier deal. i have a set of 15x10 2.5" bs rims with a 5 on 5.5 bolt pattern, but your probably gunna need like the 5 on 4.5" if its any recent jeep. id sell the set of 4 for like $200 even. otherwise save the time that i spend dickering with finding rims and just call up 4 wheel parts wholesalers at 1800 284 9905 :crazy:

rusty_tlc

PizzaJeep said:
good luck with 2"... theyre impossible to find anymore. cragar used to make them, but now you can only get 2.5".. i went through the whole damn thing just 2 months ago... summit can get you rims with the 2.5" but they come unpainted as though you would seriously buy a rim that youd have to paint. the best way to get them is by just calling up 4 wheel parts WHOLESALERS.. the guys in every 4x4 magazine. they can get you a set of 15x10 rims with 2.5" bs for like 73 a piece shipped to you door... going to 4wheel parts retailers on rock will result in you getting a crappier deal. i have a set of 15x10 2.5" bs rims with a 5 on 5.5 bolt pattern, but your probably gunna need like the 5 on 4.5" if its any recent jeep. id sell the set of 4 for like $200 even. otherwise save the time that i spend dickering with finding rims and just call up 4 wheel parts wholesalers at 1800 284 9905 :crazy:
I need 6 on 5.5 bolt pattern, like the ones they put on Toyota Land Cruisers, ;)
rusty_tlc

PizzaJeep

haha ill sell you the ones i have on my tj.. those are 6 on 5.5... but just get your own.. mine are already screwed up...

t wrecks

Got mine from Bart Wheel, 15x8, 2" BS, black powder coat, $45 each.

I could build you some square rims to fit those bias ply swampers you got.

rusty_tlc

t wrecks said:
Got mine from Bart Wheel, 15x8, 2" BS, black powder coat, $45 each.

I could build you some square rims to fit those bias ply swampers you got.
Thanks I'll check Bart out.
I'll pass on the home made rimsbut maybe you could give me some pointers on trimming up my rear fenders. :disagree: