2001 4Runner Headlight Issues

Spence621

Today, I installed new Sylvania Xtravision 9003 bulbs. I also disabled my DRL's by cutting Pin 12 in the D8 assembly under the steering wheel. I didn't want the bulbs to burn out any faster than they had to. I made sure it was the correct wire (Black with yellow stripe). It did disable the DRL, but it also disabled the regular brightness beams. Now they only run when on the bright setting. Any ideas?

RockRunner02

I dont think you cut the right wire. I did that years back to mine and they work fine. You had better double check.

You didn't do it while the key was on, did you?

Did you disconnect the battery first?

Last edited:

Spence621

I dont think you cut the right wire. I did that years back to mine and they work fine. You had better double check.

You didn't do it while the key was on, did you?

Did you disconnect the battery first?

Ah, I did cut the wrong one. They're so tight in there it's hard to seperate them. I reconnected it and cut the right one, it's okay now. Thanks for the help!
Also, the truck wasn't on, but I didn't disconnect the battery. Is that an issue?

RockRunner02

HAHA. I told you fawker. When I did mine I unwrapped the loom for a few inches so that I could be sure to get the right one. Also I would have enough to reconnect if needed. Do the traction control switched mod now. I never did it to mine. I'm sure it will make a heck of a difference.