2016 Hunting Appliacation, Tags, Results

187racing

I got antlered mule deer in 10 and a depredation cow elk tag too. Hunted 10 2 years ago for doe, looking forward to it again. Lots of deer there, hopefully I can find something to hang on the wall this year

turbobrick

So how is everybody's season going so far? I got my shorter than ears speed goat after a pretty thought hunt. 209 yards, right through the heart, DRT. Now on to muleys in a few weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

renogeno

Premium Member
Don't bet on that!! I've hunted here for 30 yrs, and more times than not, early Oct hunts are way too warm!!! Last year in 074 for my cow elk, temps went to 80+ every day....make sure you have some big coolers or quick access to refrigeration!!! And for anyone hunting in the 072-074 area, the Cottonwood Ranch is a great place to find most all needed emergency supplies/help/refrigeration....etc. Google them if you're hunting in that area. Great people and saved my ass and meat last year!

ZJchukar

Dunno if you guys heard yet but there's an emergency doe muley hunt for Elko, 061 I think. Applications open Thursday. I don't have a link otherwise I'd post it but give NDOW a call and they'll provide more info.

Dunno if you guys heard yet but there's an emergency doe muley hunt for Elko, 061 I think. Applications open Thursday. I don't have a link otherwise I'd post it but give NDOW a call and they'll provide more info.

It's all of 067 and a portion of 068.

I'm realllyyyyyy considering it, but I don't know that area. And the late November, early December hunt dates have me second guessing my interest. I really want to apply, but I just don't know. Internet research isn't helping on logistics like where to camp, expected snow levels, etc.

Anyone want to shed some light on that part of the state during that part of the year?

maxamillion2345

I'd expect some snow. Can't remember what month it was but last year we had a few ranchers from Tuscarora come rent some utility snowmobiles to get to their cows.

Plenty of unimproved camping anywhere you'd like really and some main county roads cutting through that area but the weather will be the biggest factor, I think.

I thought about it until I saw the dates. There may not be that much snow by nov. early december but tough saying... Didnt sound all that great to me.

maxamillion2345

And it probably doesnt say much but its already snowed pretty heavy in the rubies peqoups and up near jacks creek. I'm sure its all melted off but its tough to predict weather but I'd bet on at least a little snow either dates.

ZJchukar

I'm no help as I've never really hunted that far north, which is the biggest reason why I'm not going to put in for the draw. I don't have the time to scout and find a place to camp etc etc.

But, I thought I'd post up and help you guys out. Good luck!