2021 Ford Bronco

Dennis

Administrator
Staff member
Rumored reveal is coming in March. Smaller rugged "Baby Bronco" is coming in April.

new-ford-bronco-rendering-by-nick-kaloterakis-204-1578439994.jpg

Even more details are becoming available about the new Ford Bronco. This is a drawing from Ford's patent application for removable doors.

001-ford-bronco-2021-patent-feb.jpg

Last edited:

kairo

Staff member
Are we pretty sure it's IFS?

I'll go drive one, but I was kind of hoping for a wrangler rubicon competitor.

CashMoney

I piss excellence.
If they use any of the drivetrain from the Raptor I think it would sell pretty good. I never thought a Raptor could drive as good as they do stock until I had one. I'm still impressed anytime I go screw around. Ford even offers beadlock capable wheels. You just have to buy the outer ring. I imagine it will be an option on the bronco too. I really hope its that old body look like all the renderings I've seen.

Lets hope ford does not price them like Jeep is pricing new wranglers. If they can come in quite a bit cheaper then they would give jeep a big kick in the ass.

Dennis

Administrator
Staff member
Lets hope ford does not price them like Jeep is pricing new wranglers. If they can come in quite a bit cheaper then they would give jeep a big kick in the ass.
That is so true. Chevy can make a supercar (new Corvette) priced at $60000, but no one can make a basic rugged utility vehicle for under $30k?

kairo

Staff member
It's going to be IFS. BTW, people out there convert their Wranglers to IFS.
People also jump out of airplanes. Doesn't mean they're smart ;)

I don't have a personal preference on the IFS for the types of things I do, I'll never see the limits of any suspenion design. I was thinking it would be neat to have another SFA vehicle on the market though.

Mr_Scott

Premium Member
I had high hopes for the new Bronco and would've seriously considered a car payment again had it been SFA. I'm over the IFS thing at this point and wouldn't spend what they are going to want for it only to want to cut it up.

ManNamedJed

With the ongoing success of the Wrangler, I don't understand why no other company has produced a direct competitor. Especially one of the smaller companies like Mazda or Kia. Put together a cheap, basic, small straight axle vehicle that could undercut jeep and I think you'd have an amazing success. Imagine if Mahindra could find a way to make their 'jeep' street legal for $20k?

Mr_Scott

Premium Member
The baby Bronco looks terrible in my opinion. The 2 door actually looks good from that side profile when wheels and tires go on it.