54MM Hub socket??

sten_mitchell

Does anyone have a 54mm socket or access to one? That is 2.12598 inch standard. I need it to rebuild my knuckles but I dont want to fork out 30 bucks for a socket that I know I wont use twice.. Thanks.

rusty_tlc

Check Harbor freight, it's the kind of thing you only used once in a while so it won't need to be the best quality. It may be cheaper to buy there than rent else where.

What kind of universal joint does an 88 have? I know it's IFS but does it use a U joint or a CV joint?

Last edited:

Sauce

rusty_tlc said:
Check Harbor freight, it's the kind of thing you only used once in a while so it won't need to be the best quality. It may be cheaper to buy there than rent else where.

What kind of universal joint does an 88 have? I know it's IFS but does it use a U joint or a CV joint?
He doesn't need it for his ifs, he is doing a SAS and doing a rebuild on the axle :D

Sauce

yup, he is actually doing a knuckle rebuild...he is up at his cabin, that is the only reason I am answering for him

rusty_tlc

davidt said:
yup, he is actually doing a knuckle rebuild...he is up at his cabin, that is the only reason I am answering for him
See if he wants to buy a set of birfields w/ inners. I have them left over from the axle I bought to do a knuckle conversion on my FJ40. He will probably want to carry at least one spare birfield if he is using factory stuff.