95 Ford Explorer SAS build

3rd Petal

Whats up with this thing
Basically its been sitting for the last year. I got the spring buckets welded on the frame, and a track bar built, then I ended up selling my house in Dayton, which had a decent size garage, and coming back to Fernley for work, where I have no garage. So long story short, there it sits until I have the time, money, and a place to finish it

3rd Petal

looks like its coming along well. how do you keep your garage floor so clean?
Just the method I usually do work by. Start with everything perfectly clean, all tools put away and organized, then thrash for a few days and make an absolute bloodbath all over the garage, then stop and get everything perfectly clean again before starting the process over again

3rd Petal

Coming up on 3 years later, it's finally back in the shop

Mocking up placement for a steering box. Using 80-96 ford truck box since I had one and damn near everything else I drive has one

3rd Petal

Got sleeves welded in the frame for the steering box

Now as far as the doubler is concerned, I've got some issues. Unless I can find some way for the doubler to add less than 4.5", I'm gonna have to move the gas tank. I could ditch the doubler idea, there is an adapter to go from the ranger/explorer case to a Dana 300 pattern, and I could run a 4:1 300 or an Atlas. That route turns into a lot of money though, and I would still end up with better gear out of the doubler set up.
But either way, I just threw a single case in it for now just for the sake of getting it moving under its own power again

3rd Petal

It lives and moves under its own power again

Still needs lots of things to be road worthy, but it finally moves.
Don't have the money for the lockers I want yet, so it's got the old limited slip from my fullsize Bronco out front and a new set of clutches in the factory trac-lock in the rear, 5.13's

3rd Petal

Might make one of the radius arms pinable to get a little more out of the front. But we'll see what the weight of a bumper and winch out front does