Aaron's rig >>>

deadandcompany

Well here she blows, with a no glory pic of inside my garage. Specs are:
TPI 350 motor From an IROC Camero
TH350 Auto Trans w/ some Art Carr goodies
Dana 300 t-case clocked & twinsticked (soon to be 4-1)
Dana 44HD front 4.88s and a Detriot locker
Dana 60FF rear 4.88s and a Spool w/35 spline Superior shafts
4-link front and rear with Fox Coil-overs
40x13.5x17 MTR's on Hummer H2 wheels
All tube chassie built w/1.75 120 wall DOM
Sports a CJ hood and grille
On board Permier Welder, winch ect.ect......
Some more pics>>>>>>>
>> - Pirate4x4.Com Bulletin Board
cjbuggypic1

cjbuggypic5

Last edited:

Sauce

lookin good aaron. I love the blingin fox CO's and 40's! When is it going to be done? Are you going to be running a 60 front or are you going to keep the 44? Any idea of what the weight will be?

deadandcompany

Should be done real soon, couple weeks max! The 44 front is a joke, dont plan to have it long. Money issues now is the only reason Im gonna run it. I dont want to miss out on too many runs this summer. As for suspension, it has enough. Those Fox shock have 18" travel!! It weights in at 2700 now, when done it should be 3000lbs.

Last edited:

Sauce

at 3000 lbs, it will be interesting to see how well it holds up to the 40's, keep us updated. 18" of travel is nuts! it will be great to see it in action.

Sauce

you rock aaron! Isn't it nice to be part of the no front DS club ;) I think you should have a shoot out with rockape, see who has the baddest rig :D

deadandcompany

davidt said:
you rock aaron! Isn't it nice to be part of the no front DS club ;) I think you should have a shoot out with rockape, see who has the baddest rig :D

That is an old pic, I have since made both the front and rear drive-lines. Oh boy, you should see my front drive-line :disagree: .

Having the baddest is not my goal, I just like to keep up!

Sauce

deadandcompany said:
That is an old pic, I have since made both the front and rear drive-lines. Oh boy, you should see my front drive-line :disagree: .

Having the baddest is not my goal, I just like to keep up!
you back at your cutting up XJ dl's again, you need a real DS, order one from jesse :rolleyes:

spoon

The earlier SB 350 weighs around 550 lbs. I don't know what the newer versions weigh, I would imagine that they still weigh just over 500 lbs. Seems to me Aaron that your buggy is going to weigh a bit more than 3000 lbs when its complete. The Avalanche Karnivore weighed about 3500 lbs and it had a similiar drivetrain to yours: SB 350,TH 350,Atlas,Dynatrac 60's front and rear, 37" Krawlers. If you do get it to weigh in around 3000, you'll have to let me know how you did it. I would really like to shed some weight off my buggy.

Sauce

spoon said:
The earlier SB 350 weighs around 550 lbs. I don't know what the newer versions weigh, I would imagine that they still weigh just over 500 lbs. Seems to me Aaron that your buggy is going to weigh a bit more than 3000 lbs when its complete. The Avalanche Karnivore weighed about 3500 lbs and it had a similiar drivetrain to yours: SB 350,TH 350,Atlas,Dynatrac 60's front and rear, 37" Krawlers. If you do get it to weigh in around 3000, you'll have to let me know how you did it. I would really like to shed some weight off my buggy.
aaron is running a 44 up front and a dana 300, the 44 will definitely save some weight. Just goes to prove that aaron isn't :yup: As for you spoon, post up some pics of your buggy, I need some more eye candy :D

spoon

A Dana 44 front and a Dana 300 T-case are definitely lighter than a front D60 and an Atlas, but still even with that combo I can't believe Aaron is able to get the buggy's weight that low. My buggy is at 3480 lbs right now and I would love to be closer to 3000 lbs. Anyways, good job Aaron. Post up when your ready to go test the buggy. I am sure that a few of the guys around here would like to see your buggy in action.

Sauce

deadandcompany said:
The test will be this Sunday & Monday @ Moonrocks !!!
did you get the trailer done yet? I will be out at moonrocks on monday, can't wait to see it in action!

PizzaJeep

oh yay.. im gunna try to hit the moonrocks on sunday afternoon... hope to see ya there aaron!!!

ya im a glutton for punishment... im going camping all weekend at lahontan, getting back sunday morning to go wheeling and probably break shiznit.. im [email protected]!