Air races dawn patrol

JRADF150

Hey everyone,

I’m pretty sure it’s possible but I want to take the family up peavine or the hills right off north Virginia to watch glow show and dawn patrol.

Anybody have any suggestions and which spot would be better. I have pretty capable truck (2019 Chevy ZR2) so i feel like there’s gotta be a good spot up there.

Thanks for any help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RARECJ8

Dawn P is really cool up close. The best. Most dirt areas are not close, but some areas off hogue road and above kings row access portal. Near the Basque monument are good options but that involves a short hike. Might be disappointed being too far away. Good luck.

DirtyChemist

Premium Member
It’s definitely nowhere near the same from up on Peavine or anywhere else. If all you want to do is see balloons I’d go after the morning. If you want dawn patrol you’re going to have to wake up crazy early and face the crowds.

328acaf493480177ee596b672cf69698.jpg

Turn left on the second road on north Virginia after the sports complex (Talus Way) and head into that neighborhood. Couple hills you could
Drive up right there and see, or hang in the streets and watch from the car/sidewalk. Any farther north and you’ll be too far away.

Last edited:

JRADF150

Thanks guys, we woke up early and went in person. The toddler enjoyed it, but was also a tired kiddo for most of the day afterwards.

Does anybody have some food suggestions for watching the air races from afar? We live out in stead, any good places a 4x4 can get to so we can chill out away from everyone and still see the planes ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk