Amazing Nevada Travels

Air Sierra

Staff member
After seeing some of the Cool stuff out in the Desert of Nevada that RARECJ8 had posted.
I though maybe we can share some photos and locations of cool stuff out there..Must places or items or camp spots..Etc. best place to eat out in the middle of Nevada, cool back roads dirt or paved. Old aircraft wrecks just anything so If we go out for a weekend we can pick and choose next places to visit.

jeepin20

not the greatest picture, but this was out around black mountain east of mason valley last summer i believe.

Air Sierra

Staff member
Great photo's keep them coming and if they are real cool try to include a location too.:thumbsup:

DiscoveredLC

Great photo's keep them coming and if they are real cool try to include a location too.:thumbsup:

I think you can guess where Snoopy is! The first pic is up in Northern NV on the border near Ceaderville/Eagleville. THe Following few are random ones in central NV, south of highway 50, and just east of Summit Mountain. The one at night is out at Pyramid.

unreng

ummm...anything north of the LV area :avid:

here's a list of recent NV adventures (in no particular order):

* wall canyon res - north of gerlach, west of black rock (includes some nice scenery and the eagleville hot spring :thumbsup:)...food - Bruno's for the chuck-steak :nervous:

* jarbidge (or is that jarbridge :gapteeth:) - super excellent backpacking, get to visit iderho for about 5-10 minutes (who wants a potato) and there's a cool bar in town :beerchug:.

* monitor valley - east of austin, awesome desert dirt roads (50-60 mph and smoother than the patheticly un-smooth reno roads) and a cool hot spring.

* ruby d - east of elko, awesome hike/scenery...food - The Star

* wheeler peak - east/south of ely...food - campfire steak

* black rock des - there're some hot springs and it's a blast running the alkali @ 85...food - Bruno's

more as time permits...

here's the photo linky

chris

DiscoveredLC

* wall canyon res - north of gerlach, west of black rock (includes some nice scenery and the eagleville hot spring :thumbsup:)...food - Bruno's for the chuck-steak :nervous:

and a few of these tasty fellas along with the bass:thumbsup:

NevadaXJ

High Rock Canyon is easily one of the coolest places in Nevada. Went there for the first time last year and I was just amazed. I'll post some pictures from my other laptop tommorrow.

rusty_tlc

Web wheeling

Real cowboys

Jake helping locrwln get me back on the road.

Near Manhatten

Basalt columns

Sunset at Berlin

BigNorm

I'll play!

upper east fork, Carson River.

Helping some california wheelers find a camp site on the Barney Riley Trail.

same trip

close to where I live

deer valley trail

Eldorado Canyon

BigNorm

reno 4x4 eldorado pic from awhile back

poser shot with the old beast

Hot Springs on the Carson River

my favorite campsite

efstop22

Air Sierra,,,
Great idea, probably become my favorite thread, I have a list of places for this summer so I will have to remember to take pics to add here.

BigNorm

Bronco Canyon Entrance

Stuck on a rock. This was the last pic of the beast before I tore it appart to build the Yota. RIP old friend. :thumbsup: