anyone going out at all?

ZJchukar

I've been thinking about hitting the trails this weekend but I haven't nailed down a place yet. Is there anyone out there that's going somewhere interesting that I could tag along with?

ZJchukar

I've been doing a ton of yard work as of late. It doesn't help that my wife works graveyard and is asleep when I'd like to go. In any case, I've got a lifted 2 door JK with skids and sliders but little 32" tires, no lockers. I thought I'd check out Kings Canyon or Ash Canyon since I've never been there but much like HLT and Thomas Creek, they're probably packed so I thought I'd extend a feeler and see what everyone is doing.

I've never been to Prison Hill or the Moonrocks. I never seem to remember them when I'm thinking of places to go.

Bill

I've been doing a ton of yard work as of late. It doesn't help that my wife works graveyard and is asleep when I'd like to go. In any case, I've got a lifted 2 door JK with skids and sliders but little 32" tires, no lockers. I thought I'd check out Kings Canyon or Ash Canyon since I've never been there but much like HLT and Thomas Creek, they're probably packed so I thought I'd extend a feeler and see what everyone is doing.

I've never been to Prison Hill or the Moonrocks. I never seem to remember them when I'm thinking of places to go.
Prison hill, and moon rocks are pretty hard core. But I've been thinking about the lagomarsino petroglyphs, or hlt.

Reno Computer Repair

renocomputerrepair.com
Staff member
I read a few weeks back that the trail from Lockwood to Lagomarsino was knarly at a couple of spots. I wanted to get some drone footage of the Petroglyphs from a different aspect. I need to see if Crystal Ice can get my powertank topped off before planning anything.

RARECJ8

Premium Member
Take the bypass to avoid the big ruts and save 45 minutes drive time from lockwood. Doable in 2WD.

wrund

I would up for something as well. Moonrocks will be crowded again, and there's not much to do there really other than go up and down a few obstacles (for those looking for a trail ride). The Indian lands are closed.

We just need to pick a trail.

Bill

A couple of years ago l went in from lockwood with a small group and came out through the V.C. high lands. We were met by a sherriff's unit and informed that we were trespassing on private roads.

DJRENO

A couple of years ago l went in from lockwood with a small group and came out through the V.C. high lands. We were met by a sherriff's unit and informed that we were trespassing on private roads.
Yeah, I've heard that story, but it doesn't hold water. that road is an access to a state park. As long as you stay on the road (and not go up someone's driveway you should be fine. I've gone up there several times that way with no hassle.

RARECJ8

Premium Member
Yeah, I've heard that story, but it doesn't hold water. that road is an access to a state park. As long as you stay on the road (and not go up someone's driveway you should be fine. I've gone up there several times that way with no hassle.

What state park? Other than the utility easements, its all private property. Twice a year the VCH Assoc shuts down the access at lousetown and by the firehouse to formally assert the right to control access. Even Bronco Canyon is private lands. This is why we must tread lightly and avoid conflicts.

ZJchukar

I was not aware of that.

In any case, is there anywhere you guys want to go? I can handle more than stock friendly as long as it isn't too crazy.

wrund

Well, I don't know a lot of trails around here yet. Eldorado Canyon- it's still greasy / muddy on the Carson side. Steve's Loop- already ran it, not too enthused to run it again soon. Billy Bob is temporarily closed.

HLT- Haven't been on it for a few years. I'm open to learn a new trail, not familiar with Kings Canyon or Ash Canyon.

ZJchukar

Both are west of Carson. I found them on Nevada Trails, that's all I know. Both also seem to be similar to HLT and Thomas Creek and will probably be packed with hikers. Not sure about you but I don't want to deal with pedestrians and dogs on the road.

Last edited: