anyone going out at all?

adhd_xj

I do still have my old long block and it definitely would be suited for a build. Overheated on a trip a few years ago and it's been sitting since. I was thinking about keeping it to build myself but I'm probably not going to do anything with it.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

ZJchukar

Damn. I want to run this just because it seems doable with a group and my XJ on 33s.
Never been but I hear lower isn't so bad but upper is tough. Or the other way around, I don't remember for sure. Either way, I'm with you. Why not run it until you can't and just watch the rest of the group? Sounds like a good plan to me!

DirtyChemist

Never been but I hear lower isn't so bad but upper is tough. Or the other way around, I don't remember for sure. Either way, I'm with you. Why not run it until you can't and just watch the rest of the group? Sounds like a good plan to me!
Upper is probably harder than lower. I though about going up and turning around. I know myself. I’d try it alone and be worried about something happening after it actually happens.

wrund

For Bronco, the section heading south is easier than the one heading north. I don't know which one is upper or lower. We were just by there and a small group was running the southern one. Very challenging but you don't need 42's, and it's wide so different lines are available. I am up for running it soon.

ZJchukar

Well shoot I've only got 32s but I'm lifted so I've got rocker clearance at least.

And no lockers. Oof. Maybe I can't make it after all.

Last edited:

DirtyChemist

For Bronco, the section heading south is easier than the one heading north. I don't know which one is upper or lower. We were just by there and a small group was running the southern one. Very challenging but you don't need 42's, and it's wide so different lines are available. I am up for running it soon.
Lower is probably much easier to identify than upper. Mostly due to the technical aspect of upper. From what I’ve seen online you want some very capable rigs and skilled drivers to go through upper. Lower is probably 35s locked down I’d go through on 33s.

CashMoney

I piss excellence.
Well shoot I've only got 32s but I'm lifted so I've got rocker clearance at least.

And no lockers. Oof. Maybe I can't make it after all.
I'm not sure if its still doable but I spotted an xj on 31's through there before. Lower used to have some bypasses to if you didn't want to play on the harder stuff. Upper bronco is definitely built rig on 40's and bigger or buggy territory.

Dennis

Administrator
Staff member
Monday was a completely different type of wheeling. Took the Tundra over Kings Canyon trail. Got hung up a bit at the pinch rock. A nice jeeper pulled us back, after which we were able to take a higher line and make the obstacle with just minor damage to the plastic side step.

ZJchukar

Nice, it looks like you had a good time! I am sidelined with a broken pinky and so that hand is pretty much useless for the time being. King's Canyon looks pretty, I might have to head up there this weekend.