Anyone have the ARB 12v Refrigerator?

Woody

Premium Member
Planing to get a fridge for the trip across Nevada to the Ruby Mountains for May 29 - June 2nd, and thinking about getting the 42 quart, 12 volt ARB fridge. Looks like a good one, only problem is the $700 price tag, so would appreciate anyones experience with this one or one similar.
Thanks, ;)

Dennis

Administrator
Staff member
Check out also Engel and Waeco. One of them, I don't remember which one, make the fridge for ARB.

RARECJ8

Premium Member
For years i hace succesfully used the ARB and love it! it does suck amps, depending how far below ambient temp u want to go... get an aux battery to power the fridge. ARB units are re-badged Engels. Get the engle and needing ice is a thing of the past-- altho a bag of ice will stay frozen in ur fridge and i use it as a way to keep down constant amp draw and to have drink ice for the camp-fire cocktails.

oh, and hard wire the connections-- i use a trailer style plug to connect it to power-- the supplied 'lighter plug' usually fails the 3rd of 4th hour of use-- just too much juice to pull thru t hat type of connection. i know the hard way-- mine melted and shorted out. bad day, but i had some spare wire to jimmy rig up a battery connection.

if u pre-freeze ur meats, etc before you leave, it will last much longer.

mb

Dennis

Administrator
Staff member
I am hoping to get an Engel 35 model sometime this year. Not too big, not too small, will fit in the Jeep.

rusty_tlc

Planing to get a fridge for the trip across Nevada to the Ruby Mountains for May 29 - June 2nd, and thinking about getting the 42 quart, 12 volt ARB fridge. Looks like a good one, only problem is the $700 price tag, so would appreciate anyones experience with this one or one similar.
Thanks, ;)
They are great, I don't own one but I travel with guys who have them. When funds allow I will have one.