Anyone With a Welder?

Scrub

Ok my drivers door top hinge is broken away from the body and now the door is starting to sag and getting hard to close, im wondering if anyone might be able to weld it up for me for maybe some beer or a little bit of money?, i dont want to mess up the door latch by trying to keep closing it the way it is so any help would be greatly appriciated.

-Matt-

Connect

Well tricky part is that because its aluminum, you need the special wire and handle. I have a Mig but dont have the aluminum attatchments. I think if you check with some autobody places they might fix it for you, or if anyone here knows how to weld aluminum.

Sauce

are you kidding me, aluminum? I don't think so. Connect, talk to tom, he could probably hook you up.

Connect

Aluminum is alot different then welding steel, and I've only welded steel. I've never welded aluminum, I have watched others do it though...

RWKXJ

I welded mine up, I dont think it is aluminum cuz my mig worked great no more sagging door- It actually broke off when I opened it at the gas station, almost came all the way off...I dont worry about it now after welding it.
Let me know If I can help...I live in NW reno.

mikeCJ-7

The door hinge is not aluminum, niether is the sheet metal it is bolted to. I welded a friends door hinge on his XJ back together. Crappy design on the hinge, if you have the time I would replace the backing plate behind the hinge with something a little heavier. If no one else offers I can do it at some point, just cant set anything in stone right now.

Scrub

Well i would like to replace the back of it and make it a little stronger and stuff but i just dont have the time to pull apart the whole fender and all that, so i figure for now i will just find someone to weld it up and it should be good for awhile, then it it breakes again i should have everything set to tear it apart and do it right.

So is there anyone that has a welder and maybe some free time today or tomorrow?

Thanks for the replys
-Matt-

Connect

I got a miller mig all set up, and i will be working on my lift all day tommorow. I'm not an expert welder though so =/

No idea it was sheet metal.