axle fabrication services

PizzaJeep

ok so i think i have my solution to my broken d35- upgrade to dana44s.. both ends

my friend has a d44 front and rear and gave it to me for pennies on the dollar... they are the same length, need a little bit of work, on the front, but plenty strong for now... i can almost swap the rear right in, but the front is going to be a little more challenging- it has a passenger side pumpkin instead of a driver side pumpkin- the knuckles have been shaved already for some high steer arms, so i like the axle.. money has been put into it, and i dont intend to waste it... im totally going to use it, but i need to find someone who will swap the tubes on my axle so that the offset is on the right side- anyone have ideas?? people or shops that would do it??

Sauce

I am also interested in this...in the end it will probably be easier to run a dana 300 and reroute the exhaust...what are the specs on the axles are you running? What are you doing for brackets in the front and rear? You sticking with the stock coil set up? Keep me updated on what you end up doing and good luck.

PizzaJeep

meh... i have a friend who owns a machine shop that works on heavy duty stuff (military, gov't and such), and will be willing to do it pretty cheap and fast... this weekend, since its going to be a side job...
.. im not sweating it very much... i already ordered my gears and locker which will be here soon

david: to answer your question, any machine will do it for ya.. except theyre going to charge 80 an hour for a few hours worth of grinding, pulling and re-pressing the tubes...

White7

deadandcompany said:
I would advise against putting that much work into a Dana 44, go buy the correct front end or swap the t-case.
Yep,,44's are laying around PnP like lug nuts

DBXJ

yup the last time i was there there were a few trucks that should have them like the f250s and what not

PizzaJeep

i agree... saw them on saturday when i went d 60 hunting, to no avail... i dont want a 8 lug bolt pattern, otherwise id have d60s right now... as for the 44s- im still going to get out at about the same price, especially since this axle already has been worked on to get a better pinion angle... and it has high steer arms.. its close but just not quite perfect... and im stubborn

Sauce

PizzaJeep said:
i agree... saw them on saturday when i went d 60 hunting, to no avail... i dont want a 8 lug bolt pattern, otherwise id have d60s right now... as for the 44s- im still going to get out at about the same price, especially since this axle already has been worked on to get a better pinion angle... and it has high steer arms.. its close but just not quite perfect... and im stubborn
why don't you want an 8 lug bolt pattern? i don't get why you are putting this much work and $money$ into the swap.