Barely Legal - A TJ to LJ project

Dirtydonky

My Artec Armor arrived today. I posted on Jeeps On Tons looking for a deal. Maxx Pehling from Northridge 4X4 was the first guy to contact me and got me a killer deal. So here we are. Only GenRight and Artec make extended length sliders and blank corners for LJ’s. But a set of GenRights would have cost substantially more. So Artec’s for the win!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Got artec trusses, there stuff just seems so overbuilt it's awesome.

Rock Hobbit

It’s been awhile since I’ve posted an update. Unfortunately work and life has been nuts. I still don’t have my frame together. Friends of mine needed my transmission and the other needed the engine. So today I dropped the ass end off of it and spun it around. Friends helped me pull the engine, tranny and t-Case. Only one way to go from here! I don’t think it can get worse!

Rock Hobbit

I having a hard time finding the tubing I need to lengthen the frame. I thought I was going to just just splice some together but I’m not happy with the result. The hunt for the right material is on. 4X2 1/2 x 3/16 just isn’t easy to find.

Rock Hobbit

I recently sold the wheels and tires for this build with another Jeep I had. So I was back on the hunt for another set very briefly. Scored some close to new Trep Radials at a killer deal. Then I also found a set of these Dirty Life wheels for $250 a wheel. I was concerned they wouldn’t be of good quality with a price that low. After talking to some guys that are racing on them I went for it. I couldn’t be happier! And they slap just had a great week at KOH with zero issues.

Rock Hobbit

installed Trail Readys Rapid Air Down valves in the new wheels. Nothing dumps air faster short of a fist size hole in your side wall. 10 seconds to go from 25 to 4 psi. Faster than pulling a valve. Had a set before and now I can’t go without.

catmechanic

Any updates on the build? I recently finished my TJ6 conversion; love seeing others doing the same things. I have scores of build pics on Instagram @the_real_ls2poweredtj6 and also started a FB group "jeep TJ6 Group" as a gathering place for folks doing this exact thing. Hope to see some progress pics!

Rock Hobbit

Any updates on the build? I recently finished my TJ6 conversion; love seeing others doing the same things. I have scores of build pics on Instagram @the_real_ls2poweredtj6 and also started a FB group "jeep TJ6 Group" as a gathering place for folks doing this exact thing. Hope to see some progress pics!

I’m going to go check your build out. I got side tracked with our JKU for a bit but now I’m hot on it again. Goal is to be rolling by late spring.