Battlecocks Bug!

WILLD420

Sometimes I really wish I had gone with a bug based rail, than a 4x rig. Right up until we go snow wheeling or mudding, then I'm pretty happy to have doors and a heater.

Nice bug, BTW, glad to see you aren't going to chop it into little pieces and ruin it for restoration, if you ever decided to go that route.

Battlecock

I installed the front lift spindles just to find out that the drum brake backing plates did not clear the top of the steering knuckle. After a trip to Fibercraft we noticed the catalog states that the lift spindles are NOT compatible with drum brakes...... Lame. I went ahead and ordered a front disc brake setup. It's something i wanted to do anyways, just.... not right now. I also ditched the front sway bar.

Attachments

Battlecock

New tires for the rear. 235/75/15. Still waiting on front disc brake kit to do the front, and get some side view pics.
Stock
IMAG0360.jpg
235's
IMAG0365.jpg
Stock vs 235's
IMAG0357.jpg

Dennis

Administrator
Staff member
I installed the front lift spindles just to find out that the drum brake backing plates did not clear the top of the steering knuckle. After a trip to Fibercraft we noticed the catalog states that the lift spindles are NOT compatible with drum brakes...... Lame. I went ahead and ordered a front disc brake setup. It's something i wanted to do anyways, just.... not right now. I also ditched the front sway bar.
It's amazing how stupid simple that front suspension is, and how much abuse it can take.