Battlecocks Bug!

L.D.

I take them off of the firewall of Chevys in pick n pocket. there not a pretty red, but they're free.

Reno Computer Repair

renocomputerrepair.com
Staff member
I love the turn around on the engine bay, much better!

A few things I did on my bug was a clear distributor cap, which was neat to check out at night, also did the chrome firewall with louvers and painted the fan shroud to match my base paint. Threw in some strip lights behind the shroud (hooked to the sub output) and with the decklid off at night it was a clean look with a low glow. Ghetto? Maybe, but that was what I deemed cool as a teenager.

mopar4x4

Looks badass man. I was gonna do class 11 style with mine before I decided to go baja. Wish I wouldn't have now!

xjman4

So awesome!!! I have a '73 big that I bought as my first car 7 years ago. I'll be taking it to the grave!

Mark O

I love the way it looks with the stock fenders. Here is a picture of my 181 Thing. We should hit some desert trails.

Last edited:

Dirty Harry

Staff member
I had a friend build me a car very similar to yours to take down to the Mexican 1000 this year. We just got done driving it 2600 miles from Ensenada to Cabo and back.

Dirty Harry

Staff member
I am not a big Bug guy but it turned out pretty nice and has been a lot of fun. I understand the appeal now.