Best place to get an engine machined at

conroy1994

I'm currently looking at buying a 2002 wrx that has a blown up motor. It's only $500 and I was thinking maybe I could get it and rebuild that engine with some performance in it too and was wondering where the best place to take the engine would be?
I might even do a stock rebuild on it but I was more thinking that I'd go for the high horsepower with turbo route.

Any help on this subject would be great.

troyintahoe

I noticed this on craigslist today.

http://reno.craigslist.org/pts/2838147547.html

Also the japanese import motors are good. They are complete, with 60,000 miles. They run about $1,200 to $1,400.

A full rebuild will be ALOT of money. Not to mention, keeping the turbo from the blown motor and bolting it on a fresh rebuild would be a bad idea. Just my .02

conroy1994

I noticed this on craigslist today.

http://reno.craigslist.org/pts/2838147547.html

Also the japanese import motors are good. They are complete, with 60,000 miles. They run about $1,200 to $1,400.

A full rebuild will be ALOT of money. Not to mention, keeping the turbo from the blown motor and bolting it on a fresh rebuild would be a bad idea. Just my .02
Ok cool thanks.
I was looking at my options on other forums and I may do a hybrid with ej205 heads (current heads) on an ej257 short block (newer 2.5 engine) seems like a good idea because you don't have to swap to much.

Does Douglas auto machine clean up heads?

imo for a scooby, i'd look for a whole 06'-07' drivetrain if I were to do a bug eye rebuild... EJ257 would be an awesome heart for a light 02' wrx

...my fantasy is to swap that EJ20t into an old GC8 impreza... that would be tits.

conroy1994

imo for a scooby, i'd look for a whole 06'-07' drivetrain if I were to do a bug eye rebuild... EJ257 would be an awesome heart for a light 02' wrx

...my fantasy is to swap that EJ20t into an old GC8 impreza... that would be tits.
I would love to swap the entire drivetrain from the newer sti but that's a lot of work because you have to change almost everything under the car along with wiring. You have to change to the sti knuckles, rear diff, driveshaft, axles, all of it because the sti stuff is slightly bigger.
I would love to do that but it just would take a to long.

outlaw

If your just looking at some engine machining you might try Aims machine shop on Glendale here in Reno

If your just looking at some engine machining you might try Aims machine shop on Glendale here in Reno

ooooh good call, they do some really good work for a great price, had a block re-surfaced and honed along with some resurfacing on the manifold flanges for a pretty great price.

racer152

These guys breath Subie....

KSpeed Automotive
Normal hours: M-F 8am - 5+pm (or by appointment)
Phone: (775) 284-1011
After hours or anytime: (775) 250-7903
1009 Greg St.
Sparks, NV 89431