Beware of spiders

blackwidow

BEWARE!!!

This is unpleasant but you should read on....
This guy was bitten by a Brown Recluse spider.

day3.bmp

Day 3

The following illustrates the progression

of a brown recluse spider bite.

The affected skin actually dies on his body.

day5.bmp

Day 5

Some of the pictures towards the end are pretty nasty,

but take a look at the last one -- it is a picture of the spider itself.
day6.bmp

Day 6

The Brown Recluse Spider is the most

dangerous spider that we have here in the USA.

day9.bmp

Day 9

A person can die from it's bite.
We all should know what the spider looks like.
day10.bmp

Day 10

Send this around to people you love, because it is almost summertime.

People will be digging around, doing yard work, spring cleaning,

and sometimes in their attics.

dayspider.bmp

The Dangerous Brown Recluse Spider

Please be careful.

Spider bites are dangerous and can have permanent

and highly negative consequences.

They like the darkness and tend to live in storage sheds or attics or other

areas that might not be frequented by people or light.

If you have a need to be in your attic, go up there and turn on a light
and leave it on for about 30 minutes before you go in to do your work

Last edited:

blackwidow

well it's better to safe than sorry....specially when you have little rug rats runnin around....Tom, eric, etc....Just be safe guys specially out camping and wheelin'.

spoon

Those last pics are disgusting :eek: On a somewhat related note, be on the look out for rattlesnakes. I haven't seen one yet, but with the warmer weather i'm sure they're out.

kairo

Staff member
spoon said:
Those last pics are disgusting :eek: On a somewhat related note, be on the look out for rattlesnakes. I haven't seen one yet, but with the warmer weather i'm sure they're out.

Just killed me one the other day :D

KYOTA

Saw 2 out at Bronco on memorial weekend, one was small probably 2', sunning on a rock and the other was pretty good size about 4' cruising across the trail.

kairo

Staff member
rockrawler81 said:
how common are they?

Not very. I've lived here almost 3 years now, and I've only seen a handful. Usually when i've been out wheelin'

rusty_tlc

rockrawler81 said:
how common are they?
Like Kairo said not to common. I've lived in Nevada almost 40 years and only seen them when I went looking. Rattlers found in Nevada are pretty shy.

on memorial day i was a lohonton as well and it was packed so we(me and girlfriend) went 4wheeling to a nice spot with nobody abound. no sand and lots of tiny rocks and there was hundreds of spiders running allover the place all through the rocks we didnt think nothing about it just thought there were harmless water spiders or something but now that i seen that pic ther might have been that brown recluse or whatever you call it. i could be wrong but it sure looks like them.
that kinds freaky to think we might have been laying with 10-40 at a time. i mean they were allover.

blackwidow

well chris to put you at an ease, these spiders are only in places that are dark the moajority of the time and where it is dry......water areas and sunlight are things they try and avoid....so you were somewhat safe....that many spiders in the area you were at though, damn! you must have stumbled upon a mating grounds for spiders

Sasquatch

Premium Member
you know what I don't inderstand? why this guy didn't go to the hospital. He just let his hand disintigrate? That's messed up. I saw these pics a while ago, weren't there more of them? Thats crazy though.

sten_mitchell

If you would look again the last two shots were taken in a hospital... Probably not too much you can do to repair that kind of damage except make sure there are no infections. Not cool.

Sauce

sten_mitchell said:
If you would look again the last two shots were taken in a hospital... Probably not too much you can do to repair that kind of damage except make sure there are no infections. Not cool.
I know how much you love hospitals :rolleyes: