Brizzman's 'Cruizer

Brizzman

Premium Member
I've had lots of problems and rework over the years. I installed a Dana 60 front a year or so ago. Finally got the matching geared (4.56, not great) 14 bolt installed. It's currently sitting on old 39.5" IROKs. It will need a bit of trimming in the rear wheel wells. It's got a spool in the rear that I don't think is going to cut it and both axles will need 5.38 gears to be the way I really want it.

DirtyChemist

I've had lots of problems and rework over the years. I installed a Dana 60 front a year or so ago. Finally got the matching geared (4.56, not great) 14 bolt installed. It's currently sitting on old 39.5" IROKs. It will need a bit of trimming in the rear wheel wells. It's got a spool in the rear that I don't think is going to cut it and both axles will need 5.38 gears to be the way I really want it.

Why won’t a spool in a 14 volt cut it for you? Afraid of breaking it?
Kingpin 60 or a super duty?

Brizzman

Premium Member
Why won’t a spool in a 14 volt cut it for you? Afraid of breaking it?
Kingpin 60 or a super duty?

No, I think it's plenty strong. I don't like the spool, which I found out is actually welded. It doesn't turn as well as the Detroit in the 60 did. It was immediately noticeable. I will need to find a 4.10 carrier for it for the gearing anyway. I can't find any gears made for the 4.56 carrier that's in it. They are all thick cut gears for the 4.10 carrier.
IMG_20201024_151012815.jpg
IMG_20201024_151027879.jpg

Dr Smash

Reno4x4 Vendor
No, I think it's plenty strong. I don't like the spool, which I found out is actually welded. It doesn't turn as well as the Detroit in the 60 did. It was immediately noticeable. I will need to find a 4.10 carrier for it for the gearing anyway. I can't find any gears made for the 4.56 carrier that's in it. They are all thick cut gears for the 4.10 carrier.
View attachment 59385
View attachment 59386

I think I have a 4:10 carrier in storage I will look

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk