Bronco Canyon 4-23-05

xjmoser

This is not your average trail :D

There is a Nevada pinstriping section with some water crossings then the ROCKS

This is an all day event so bring appropriate amount of food and water. Lunch and possibly dinner depending on amount of vehicles on this run. Don't forget lots of liquids and snacks (NO ALCOHOL)

Skid plates and rocker protection are highly recommended. Don't be surprised if you have damage or breakage.:eek:

Take a look at the trail run requirements section for needed equipment.

Post any questions

Please post if you plan to come so we can get a idea of the amount of rigs for this run.

Meeting Time 8:30 am leave at 9:00
Summit Racing parking lot
sparks

we will be eating lunch at the petroglyphs before going into bronco canyon

Last edited:

Knight

i would like to do it, not sure if i would be able to make it, are 32" tires big enough? just worried the front shackles will grab

xjmoser

I went through it with 31s. you just need to pick the right line and have a good spotter. There is a byepass to go around the worst part.

I dont think i will be taking my xj this time. I want to ride with someone so I can video the event and not worry about moveing my jeep. (eric ) ;)

4xyota

Yes I will for shure be makeing this trip, if you live in carson were should I meet you guy's ? I will have my bobed and dovetailed bed so you all can check it out if I get it done in time :D

NevadaXJ

xjmoser said:
:confused: :confused:

Got Rails

Yes, they are in my backyard.... doesn't mean I am dumb enough to take my Jeep through Bronco Canyon. That's a long ways to have to tow a broken Jeep back to my house...

xjmoser

Connect said:
Sounds like hardcore rigs only

Not really! If your into rocks this is for you. You do need to be lifted and atleast 31s a locker would make it easier. There is a byepass for the worst part (zebaru knows this spot really well ;) )

Pizzajeep are you going? I wanna seeya go through the last section. :eek:

velvetant do you already have plans?

PizzaJeep

i think you like watching me beat the crap out of my jeep huh??

ive never gone through that trail but it sounds like you guys wanna see me do it.. well im not gunna let you down

hell yes im going ...its an absolute for sure here and ill probably take the day off of work so that i can make it with you all day. My passenger seats are open if you wanna ride(xjmoser or nevada xj)
i dont mind guinea pigging my jeep and going first through stuff, but i want to use a little more throttle control.. i may have my 35's on by that time but im not sure... i doubt the tires i have on it now will last that long... so expect me to rolling on 35s id say

hey can we have a test run sometime soon so that i know what to expect?

velvetant

xjmoser
no plans. rocks just are not my thing?
plus work has been slow, they laid off some people(not me) and cut everyone else's hours(me) so I really can't afford to do anything now. :mad:

NevadaXJ

throttleboy said:
is there some place safe to park my tow rig?? also i usually have an open seat so someone is welcome to ride in my junk!!

You should be able to park by the fire dept. on Lousetown road. It should be safe there.

blackwidow

yea i would like to see you beat your jeep up pizzajeep. It's hard not to laugh at you beating that thing up. But throttle control would be better for ya definately.

PizzaJeep

yea im workin on that... something about lack of gearing that makes me either burn my clutch, go too fast or stall.. so i pick one.. and i wasnt feelin like burning my clutch at the moment haha