Bronco Canyon Nov. 12

RARECJ8

Del Albrights club will be running BC this day and we're invited to join them. Any interest here?

Maybe we could do Jumbo or Ophir trails to VC, then hop over to Long Valley and after BC, pop out at Lockwood...

mb

NevadaXJ

RARECJ8 said:
Maybe we could do Jumbo or Ophir trails to VC, then hop over to Long Valley and after BC, pop out at Lockwood...

I would skip the pre-trails and just head for the canyon. With how early it will be getting dark, and our usual problems with the trail, it's probably best to give lots of time....

4xyota

scottb said:
heh heh searched for bronco canyon and found this... http://www.rockcrawler.com/trailreports/martinez_bronco_recovery/index.asp

any chance my 4runner can make it with 33's and a 5 inch lift? no lockers all stock drivetrain.

where is it at?

Have you ever smelled your clutch burn before? If not you will:D :rofl: :D
Maybe with thoughs 33's you wont you never know until you get the shat out their huh

I dont know about the rest of you guy's but I shure am ready for another BC run and maybe fro man Izzy will get that fabrication project that I know all you XJ boy's are dieing to see.

Last edited:

Sierra Valley

I was wondering the same as Scott. But I might have 35s by the end of the day so should be a bit easier w/ that. I would be interested in going as well. Mark what do ya say, 33's? 35's no problem?

RARECJ8

there are drivers w/ 37s that get stuck due to too many beers and showing off and there are experienced drivers w/ 31s that drive right thru. , u'll be fine-- as long as ur in 4-low...haha

mb

TimW

I know Raji made it with his full size dodge with open diffs awhile back when the cal four wheel was up. :D

Sierra Valley

RARECJ8 said:
there are drivers w/ 37s that get stuck due to too many beers and showing off and there are experienced drivers w/ 31s that drive right thru. , u'll be fine-- as long as ur in 4-low...haha

mb

MB, I'll be running 35's after this weekend!!:beer: :beer: :beer: Bronco canyon it is.

RARECJ8

we're meeting at the foothill amrket, on geiger grade (SR 341) tomorrow-- we want to roll by 9 or 9:15, so arrive whenever. We'll head up old Toll Road (the way to VC before Geiger Grade was constructed) and poop over the highway for a back way to BC and avoiding the homes in the highlands if possible. CJ6 Dave lives near there and knows a way in around and avoiding the homes from 341.

mb

RARECJ8

and break u did! when we pulled the cover, i suggested the entire old gasket be removed (we had all the right tools, die grinder, wire brush, etc.) from both the cover and the axle housing. This would ensure a tight seal. I bet the failure occurred after the gear oil we added slowly leaked out and we all know the results! If ur gonna do a trail fix, do it right, not half-a$$.

And to think a GIRL had to do the work on ur rig... sheesh!!!

Hope u got home OK.

mb

Sierra Valley

I will post pics and story later. Main thank is, I made it out and back to Reno w/ no vehicle asist, and my rig is home via tow truck as of yesterday. $$$

Sierra Valley

KDpics150.jpg

KDpics151.jpg

KDpics152.jpg

KDpics153.jpg

KDpics154.jpg

KDpics155.jpg

KDpics156.jpg

KDpics157.jpg

KDpics159.jpg