BRONCO

kairo

Staff member
I put in a deposit. I'll be the guinea pig.

When I do my build, I'm going to have front and rear lockers, 35" tires, and the swaybar disconnect. Depending on what the build allows, I'm getting the big motor. I think it's the 2.7 ecoboost for the trim level I picked (Badlands).

It almost seems like Ford listened to offroaders when they designed this thing.

tahoe1028

I put in a deposit. I'll be the guinea pig.

When I do my build, I'm going to have front and rear lockers, 35" tires, and the swaybar disconnect. Depending on what the build allows, I'm getting the big motor. I think it's the 2.7 ecoboost for the trim level I picked (Badlands).

It almost seems like Ford listened to offroaders when they designed this thing.
I'm not a Ford fan but I like this thing and the ranger raptor.

What are you getting for trans? The manual looks very interesting and the 94-1 crawl ratio. I think the auto is 63-1 or something close.

Dennis

Administrator
Staff member
I'm not a Ford fan but I like this thing and the ranger raptor.

What are you getting for trans? The manual looks very interesting and the 94-1 crawl ratio. I think the auto is 63-1 or something close.
I think 2.7 is only available with an auto.

kairo

Staff member
I don't care for 4 door JKs and JLs, same goes for the 4 door Bronco. 2 door all the way.
Agree, the 2 door looks so much better IMO. Next debate is the orange/yellow or the Area-51 green color.

Rumor has it there's a factory lift that'll be available to let you run 37's, but I'm not sure how that front D44 center will hold up to that.

CashMoney

I piss excellence.
When are you supposed to get it Nick? I'm tempted to sell my Raptor and get one too. I love the look of the 2 door. I really wish they'd offer it with a v8 or the 3.5L HO. But I suspect the 2.7 will still be pretty fun

kairo

Staff member
When are you supposed to get it Nick? I'm tempted to sell my Raptor and get one too. I love the look of the 2 door. I really wish they'd offer it with a v8 or the 3.5L HO. But I suspect the 2.7 will still be pretty fun
Oh, I'm out. I bought that new Tacoma. Not enough money for a $40k truck and a (presumably) $50k+ bronco lol. I wanted the badlands trim with the sasquatch, automatic and the big ecoboost. It was probably pushing close to 60k.

I still want one, but I'm gonna wait a couple years and let them iron out the bugs I guess. Pick one up on the used market.

kairo

Staff member
Did you look into the Sasquach package? I think it is 35's with front & rear lockers.
It is. And on the badlands trim it gets you the front electronic swaybar disconnect as well.

Build and price should be out in October now they're saying (they swore september). At any rate, it's a mid 2021 truck at this point even with a reservation. Based on the tangential information on pricing thats come out thus far, I wasn't comfortable spending likely $60k on a rig that I'd drive on the weekends. The tacoma I bought was literally the tacoma I would build if I could get one fresh from the factory. Had to get the truck!