Bruised/cracked ribs?

RARECJ8

holy misery, been two weeks and only now able to start to get around. Smashed left rib cage and it’s gotta be one of the more gawd awful painful events I’ve suffered. Anyone been thru this? No easy days...

caryt

Yep I once cracked 2 ribs and as you stated hurt like hell.
I couldn't lay down so I had to sleep in a recliner for 6 weeks.
But since I had my own construction company had to go to work 4 days after cracking them..fun carrying 40 lbs VAV boxes up a ladder and installing above a T bar ceiling.........drugs are your best friend then.

grumpyoldretiredcop

Premium Member
Yup, been there a couple of times. Second only to separating a rib, that one took months to heal and never healed entirely. Go slow if you can, it'll heal faster and sorry to hear about it, that sucks. If you have pain meds, take them. You might not want to, but if you hurt less you'll heal faster.

RARECJ8

Slowly in the mend. Tried pain Rx but then it promptly plugged up the plumbing. Ugh. Imagine no #2 for a week. Ugh. Every day about 5% better...

WILLD420

Premium Member
Collagen supplements, Vitamin D3, Amino Acids, Vitamin C are building blocks for tissue. D3 and K-2 transports calcium to heal bones. Bromelain, turmeric with bioperine (black pepper extract) for anti-inflammatory less toxic to the gut than Ibuprofen. Magnesium supplements to tolerance ( mag attracts water in the intestines, makes things softer). Potassium to replace electrolytes and make sure the heart has what it needs since you just beat the hell out of it’s neighbors and flooded your body with toxins from healing and pain meds.

Or, just suffer through like I used too before I figured out how to heal almost as good as my younger self did.