Bud Canyon - Sunday 10-11-2020 - (Postponed from 10-4-2020)

Brizzman

Premium Member
I'm planning on running Bud Canyon this Sunday with a buddy. No time set as of yet. Bud is a short but difficult trail off of Kings Row. I recommend at least 35" tires and 2 lockers. There is a difficult rock waterfall at the end that I have not made it up without winching (yet). There is a turnout to get out before the waterfall if you don't want to go that way. I will be in my FJ on 39.5s and my buddy will be in a Rubicon on 37s. We both have winches and recovery gear to help out. I once did this trail in my old XJ on 33s, but there was some damage, and I had to go back to the turnout to go around the waterfall (no winch on the XJ)

I will probably play around on Peavine as well. I'm in the North Valleys and will probably stay off pavement and head in from Kiowa Way.

Last edited:

wrund

Any pics? I have not made that waterfall either, but I'd try again. I see that FJ out in my neighborhood, looks pretty capable.

Brizzman

Premium Member
I didn't get the FJ finished in time to get to Bud last weekend. I just got the brakes bled and working today. I should be able to get the fender trimming done tomorrow and then I'll want to run Bud. My buddy just got new gears and has to have at least 500 road miles before wheeling it, so he probably won't have that this weekend.

Brizzman

Premium Member
I'm finally ready! I REALLY want to go tomorrow. My buddy has 160 miles left to put on his new gears. He thinks he will be ready for tomorrow. Anyone else who wants to go is welcome. (y)

wrund

Just now saw this.

Next Sunday- anyone want to do a run? School bus canyon, or ? Bud Canyon? Three trips around a mall in low range? :cool:

Brizzman

Premium Member
There were 3 rigs, Mike and his son in his Rubicon, Dom in his Samurai, and Vikki and I in my FJ. I was remembering something wrong, because there is no turnout before the Waterfall. No need anyway, as we were all in pretty capable rigs. I took videos, but didn't get pics. The Waterfall at the end was pretty stacked up and filled in. We were all able to make it up. Dom pretty much just walked up it in his Samurai.

There was some light carnage. A Rusty's flex joint on Mike's newly lifted Rubicon gave out on it's first offroad trail. He was able to run the whole trail and even do the Waterfall with it knocking around.

Last edited:

CashMoney

I piss excellence.
The rocks that got my door on my old JK were actually after this waterfall. I'm wondering if those are the ones you're thinking of because you can take the turn out after this water fall or go further down to the last obstacle

Brizzman

Premium Member
I do think that is probably what I was thinking. I did play around on the obstacle just after the turnout. I went a bit further but it didn't look like a trail after that and I could tell that Vikki was ready to get out of there.

RARECJ8

Premium Member
And Dom didnt break? Lordy

The rubicon looks like running street pressure in tires.

SamiDomz

Experienced Wheeler
Nothing broke on Sunday on the Zuk...the high dollar Rubicon on the other hand...lol..How's progress on the CJ Mark?