C02 tank for under $120

kairo

Staff member
Now I just need to go find a reg around town (or order one) Hope to have it all in time for Bronco Canyon. I just got a 5lb tank.

xjmoser

kairo said:
Now I just need to go find a reg around town (or order one) Hope to have it all in time for Bronco Canyon. I just got a 5lb tank.

Paxair has them in stock. I think they were like $65.00. I ordered mine from 4x4rockshop $46.00 I also lookewd up the company they buy from and you can order direct from them but you only save like $1.00.

I ordered mine on monday night and had it on thurs. it ships out of southern california.

Were did you get the tank and is it aluminum?

kairo

Staff member
Ok...

Tank $65 shipped from above location
tank.JPG

Regulator, $40.50 shipped (Denis and I both ordered stuff and split shipping, so real shipping is more) from 4x4rockshop.com
reg.JPG

Hose and misc parts were from walmart. I think I paid like $10 for the hose and fittings
big.JPG

You can fill the tanks at AirGas on Industrial way in Sparks.

Compare to $350.00+ for a powertank system.

Last edited:

olsen_karl

kairo said:
You can fill the tanks at AirGas on Industrial way in Sparks.

Nice setup -- did AirGas pressure test the tank for you too?

I have an old CO2 soda tank that I've been meaning to convert for quite awhile, just never got around to it.

-Karl

kairo

Staff member
olsen_karl said:
Nice setup -- did AirGas pressure test the tank for you too?

I have an old CO2 soda tank that I've been meaning to convert for quite awhile, just never got around to it.

-Karl

Since it's a new bottle, it didnt' need a hydrostatic testing. I'm not sure if they do the testing or not though. Sierra Dive Center on Grove Street, will do the testing. I'm sure AirGas does though, it's such a big store.

xjmoser said:
How are you going to mount it? I built mine today
I dunno how I'm going to mount it yet. Probably look into fire extinguisher options, since the 5# tank is about the same size as an extinguisher. Right now it's against the back seat supported by a bungie strap and coveralls :eek:

xjmoser

My tank is a little bigger. Im gonna change the tie down later but it will work for now.

Last edited:

xjmoser

:D I filled my tires to 40psi in a couple minutes and let dustin fill his. I wish I had done this along time ago. I bet there will be more rigs with tanks next time :yup:

blackwidow

yea thanks again tom that was quick. I think I am going to purchase a set up soon with maybe a 10 gal. instead of a big 20 like yours though

Sauce

blackwidow said:
yea thanks again tom that was quick. I think I am going to purchase a set up soon with maybe a 10 gal. instead of a big 20 like yours though
Tom is just compensating :yup: