CA closes all parks and national forests?

CashMoney

I piss excellence.
I can't say I blame them with all the current fires burning and being low on fire fighting resources.

Mr_Scott

Premium Member
Bummer. I have a week booked near the buttes here soon and have zero desire to be stuck at the campground the whole time😕

shady

Bummer. I have a week booked near the buttes here soon and have zero desire to be stuck at the campground the whole time😕
You won't even get to the campground. EVERYTHING is closed, day use, boat ramps, picnic areas campgrounds, FS roads & trails, EVERYTHING. $5000 fine for even going onto a NF.

grumpyoldretiredcop

Premium Member
That announcement covers "all eighteen National Forests in California". Nothing there about anything but that, as one would expect. California's list of closed parks is posted here; from a quick look, it's by no means all of CA's parks. Here's a page (operated by NPS but covers a State Park) for Redwood National and State Parks stating that they are open with restrictions but that the air quality is unhealthy. County and other entities aren't always following suit; for example, in my old stomping grounds of Marin County, no watershed/open space areas have been closed by the county.

On the other hand, DJRENO has it right IMO - why would one want to visit Mordor at the moment? Unless you have that pesky ring that you just have to destroy, that is... heck, I'm not even going out of the house today and might not even go to the range tomorrow.

lik2hvfun

Premium Member
We just got back from four days of camping at Prairie Creek Redwoods State Park. The air was good one day, then gray and smokie the rest. There were no fire restrictions in place at the campground. Just ugly gray skies that looked like fog. We still had a great time, and were able to get some camping out of our system.

RARECJ8

Premium Member
Where u supposed to go? Everything in lakes basin shut down. We have a reservation for packer next month. Hope it all reopens...