Cal-Rocks Comp @ Moonrocks ???

deadandcompany

Read on Pirate of a possible comp at Moonrocks May 22 or around that time. Anyone here interested in competing? Its expensive, but we are locals and have a good advantage. Especially ~~Rockape & Throttleboy.

MR.ROCKAPE

If they have a comp there Throttle and I will make it.(now you got me all giddy ,I have been hoping a comp would come back to the moonrocks)I know there would be a hundred things to still do to the buggy to get it comp worthy.I think throttle would be willing to throw himself under the tires for traction or better yet,If the buggy breaks he would just strap it to his back and finish the coarse :crazy: <---Spotters are so misunderstood :rolleyes:

Last edited:

throttleboy

rockape said:
If they have a comp there Throttle and I will make it.(now you got me all giddy ,I have been hoping a comp would come back to the moonrocks)I know there would be a hundred things to still do to the buggy to get it comp worthy.I thing throttle would be willing to throw himself under the tires for traction or better yet,If the buggy breaks he would just strap it to his back and finish the coarse :crazy: <---Spotters are so misunderstood :rolleyes:
i love my job :bowdown: !!and if they have a comp at the moon rocks(our training grounds) Team Affro Engineering is sure to cause a stur in the sport of rock crawling with a top 10 finish first time competing!!and if that dont cause a stur rockape droping the peoples elbow on dustin webster sure as hell will :D !!

throttleboy

davidt said:
don't get too crazy throttleboy, don't you need a rollbar to compete?
my junks not a comp rig,this is a pro rock crawling event we're talking about not just a sunday afternoon at the moon rocks!! rockapes buggy was built with the entent to compete so wether its the moon rocks,donner trails or some where else we will compete this year!! besides roll bars are over rated ;) !!

MR.ROCKAPE

I had a pm into Big Rich(owner of cal rocs)before this thread was started.He pmed me back earlier today.He said the may 20-22 event will be at cougar Buttes.He also said he is trying to get back to the moonrocks but that may be easier said than done.He said that they are looking into lovelock and/or wendover.I pmed him back and asked about fernley and a possible man made coarse like the super crawl??I will keep you posted.Oh and I second the buggy will make a comp this year and a possible showing of the peoples elbow to my homie.

PizzaJeep

yea my understanding of the moonrocks is that there wont ever be anymore competitions there after the RCAA comp 2 years ago... the BLM stopped issuing permist because of the trash and oil everywhere.. ie. the big oil spills on the v crack...
anyways.. thats my understanding, so if theres a competition, it wont be a formal one- from what ive heard from a few big names

deadandcompany

Lil Rich stated that they are trying to get BLM or who ever to allow another comp at Moonrocks. There is a thread on Pirate about this....

Dennis

Administrator
Staff member
if they do, we should volunteer to clean up afterwards, as this is the reason BLM said no more comps at Moonrocks. too much trash left afterwards.

MR.ROCKAPE

Rich pmed me back,He said they are trying for the moonrocks but may not get it.He said Fernley is definatly out.So I guess we will see.But he needs to hurry up and bring back a comp to northern Nv because Throttle boy is starting to Foam at the mouth :avid:

throttleboy

Denis said:
if they do, we should volunteer to clean up afterwards, as this is the reason BLM said no more comps at Moonrocks. too much trash left afterwards.
i would help with the clean up also.Denis are you a member on pirate??if so send big rich a PM about the volunteer clean up if not rockape can,if the locals are willing to help out it may bring the comps back to reno!!

Dennis

Administrator
Staff member
throttleboy said:
i would help with the clean up also.Denis are you a member on pirate??if so send big rich a PM about the volunteer clean up if not rockape can,if the locals are willing to help out it may bring the comps back to reno!!

i'm a member everywhere. :D

i'll send him a pm tonight.

xjmoser

reno4x4.com should volunteer as a group to do the clean-up.

I would definatly like to see them come back.

Dennis

Administrator
Staff member
xjmoser said:
reno4x4.com should volunteer as a group to do the clean-up.

I would definatly like to see them come back.

that was basically the content of my PM to him. just sent it.

PizzaJeep

i fully support and back us cleaning up afterwords... i would be more than willing to leave the moonrocks cleaner than it was to begin with if it happened, but i just dont see it in the moonrocks' future... the place is a mess right now... beer bottles, cans, wood, bags, trash crap, and graffiti on atleast 1/4 of all of the formations... i love to moonrocks to death, but its a mess and if someone like us, the reno4x4 guys, would take the initiative to make it a more appealing to the eye, i would bet that the BLM would hold more value in what we are saying, and what we would like to see happen, and how we plan to do it.
its an idea, but its a far stretch from reality... i expect that most of the competitions at the moonrocks for a LONG TIME are going to be between small groups of people over beer and bragging rights... thats all i have at the moonrocks right now... bragging rights over making it up the v crack...

kairo

Staff member
I too would be more than happy to help do an area cleanup if we could watch the krawlers before hand.

throttleboy

so how many ppl are serious about this clean up?? if somethings not done soon they will more than likely close the moon rocks to ALL public use not just the comps.if we were to call one of the local news stations and tell them what we're doing (trying to keep the M/Rs open and posably bring back the comps) i'm sure they would come out and do a story.this would give big rich more reasons for BLM to let them have the comps back in reno.and if not it would at least keep it open for us.we could wheel half a day and clean up the other half.if everyone is intrested (as most have stated in this thread)lets set a date and do this!!we could also post some flyers around town!! what do you guys say ??