CalROCS and Reno4x4

PizzaJeep

I notice Denis has not responded but he has in the past adamantly maintained that R4x4 is not a Group or a Club. :scratchhead: I would bet there were many from the other Groups that are also members here that were in attendance. I will be there to support the event either way, and it was due to the advertising in the on-line forum Reno4x4.com

Thanks to all that have worked to get this event in the Reno area.:cool:
could be that he is apparently 'too busy to adamantly check the forum and threads' with his new job... he sent me a message saying that when i was having an issue last month!! oh well

I notice Denis has not responded but he has in the past adamantly maintained that R4x4 is not a Group or a Club. :scratchhead: I would bet there were many from the other Groups that are also members here that were in attendance. I will be there to support the event either way, and it was due to the advertising in the on-line forum Reno4x4.com

Thanks to all that have worked to get this event in the Reno area.:cool:
We are currently working with Denis on this. During We Rock Reno4x4 was and competed as a group??? You said "and it was due to the advertising in the on-line forum Reno4x4.com ", what do you mean by that, "on-line forum":scratchhead:

Look forward to seeing you at the event!

Dennis

Administrator
Staff member
Bottom line is, be there and support the event.

Wear your Reno4x4.com shirt. If you don't have one, find me and buy one, they are only $15 each for all sizes (S-4XL).

I will also have stickers to give away. Bonus points for creative sticker placement on competitors rigs and a photo proving such a feat. :nervous:

Bottom line is, be there and support the event.

Wear your Reno4x4.com shirt. If you don't have one, find me and buy one, they are only $15 each for all sizes (S-4XL).

I will also have stickers to give away. Bonus points for creative sticker placement on competitors rigs and a photo proving such a feat. :nervous:
Great Idea Denis!

SaturnICL

We are currently working with Denis on this. During We Rock Reno4x4 was and competed as a group??? You said "and it was due to the advertising in the on-line forum Reno4x4.com ", what do you mean by that, "on-line forum":scratchhead:

Look forward to seeing you at the event!
I do not go on the other forums or belong to any of the groups so if it were not for your vendor account here I would not know. That is all I was saying.

SaturnICL

could be that he is apparently 'too busy to adamantly check the forum and threads' with his new job... he sent me a message saying that when i was having an issue last month!! oh well
Are you starting this again? Didn't You just send me a PM asking for a "Truce"?

Sorry Don for the hijack...

Ampdraw

CalROCS is in charge of handling parking. I don't know of another venue that has a 2.00 charge, most places are 5.00 min.
Funny you point the blame of the parking charge on CALROCS, when I talked to Glenn about the new charge for parking he said it was the venue owner requiring the charge to "maintain" the parking lot. He also said the cost is expected to go up for the next event out there. We're all 4X4 guys, how "maintained" do we need a dirt parking lot to be? Donner has a paved parking lot and has never charged for parking so they could "maintain" their lot. Hate to see such an up close and personal great event take the course that all the area MX tracks have done when they started dreaming up ways to generate more revenue with Gate Fee's, Entry Fee's, and Parking Fee's. It's like they took a page right out of the how to ream people for more money right from the same book Ticket Master, Banks, the Government and Airlines use.

If there are additional costs that need to be covered so be it, no one expects an event to cost more to hold than they make from it, but just raise the ticket price so we don't feel like you're constantly dipping in our pockets the entire time we're out there with all the additional BS add on fee's.

I was surprised that I hardly ever see anyone from reno4x4 at any of the CALROCS events, neither as spectators or competitors. WTF is up with that?

Last edited by a moderator:

Bitosin

I do not go on the other forums or belong to any of the groups so if it were not for your vendor account here I would not know. That is all I was saying.
Likewise, the only 4X4 group, club, or forum I belong to (or look at) is Reno 4X4.com

And I agree with Kyle, too bad you chose Black for the shirt color...great for those hot summer outings.

Shamus30

Why does every thread on this site lately turn into a %$&*#&! debate? There are not 2 sides to every issue.

I am sure the Gilman's have poured an assload (pun intended) of their own money into this event and the others they are bringing to town, if they need to charge a couple $$ for parking to grind a nickel out of it to keep it going, I am all for it. If people poured 1/2 of the energy they did crafting witty responses to meaningless internet posts into meaningful things like saving / cleaning up our trails and supporting events like these we might actually get something done around here.

People in this area are spoiled when it comes to Free Parking, most other places in the US rape you for parking for events and even just going to dinner. $2 is a small price to pay, even if it is a dirt lot.

Thank you to the Don's at ORI and the rest of the folks who are trying their best to bring events like these here. It is good for the sport, it is good for the economy, and it is good for the folks who like to watch the carnage. These types of events are not easy to pull off, they take a ton of work, money and energy.

POOR BOY

Why does every thread on this site lately turn into a %$&*#&! debate? There are not 2 sides to every issue.

I am sure the Gilman's have poured an assload (pun intended) of their own money into this event and the others they are bringing to town, if they need to charge a couple $$ for parking to grind a nickel out of it to keep it going, I am all for it. If people poured 1/2 of the energy they did crafting witty responses to meaningless internet posts into meaningful things like saving / cleaning up our trails and supporting events like these we might actually get something done around here.

People in this area are spoiled when it comes to Free Parking, most other places in the US rape you for parking for events and even just going to dinner. $2 is a small price to pay, even if it is a dirt lot.

Thank you to the Don's at ORI and the rest of the folks who are trying their best to bring events like these here. It is good for the sport, it is good for the economy, and it is good for the folks who like to watch the carnage. These types of events are not easy to pull off, they take a ton of work, money and energy.
x2 the parking wasnt really that big of a deal, if you go to the convesion center i think parking is a minimum of 5 bucks. its an awesome event that im glad there where able to bring it alittle closer to home. keep them coming!

Ampdraw

On a happier note, there is now up top parking available, so no more having to hike your cooler and kids all the way up and down the mountains, or wait on the shuttle. Though Glenn warned parking up top is going to be limited so make sure you get there early.

Bitosin

On a happier note, there is now up top parking available, so no more having to hike your cooler and kids all the way up and down the mountains, or wait on the shuttle. Though Glenn warned parking up top is going to be limited so make sure you get there early.
Make the extra parking accessable via 4-low only, and you'll have lots of room ! LOL

Dirty Harry

Staff member
Funny you point the blame of the parking charge on CALROCS, when I talked to Glenn about the new charge for parking he said it was the venue owner requiring the charge to "maintain" the parking lot. He also said the cost is expected to go up for the next event out there. We're all 4X4 guys, how "maintained" do we need a dirt parking lot to be? Donner has a paved parking lot and has never charged for parking so they could "maintain" their lot. Hate to see such an up close and personal great event take the course that all the area MX tracks have done when they started dreaming up ways to generate more revenue with Gate Fee's, Entry Fee's, and Parking Fee's. It's like they took a page right out of the how to ream people for more money right from the same book Ticket Master, Banks, the Government and Airlines use.

If there are additional costs that need to be covered so be it, no one expects an event to cost more to hold than they make from it, but just raise the ticket price so we don't feel like you're constantly dipping in our pockets the entire time we're out there with all the additional BS add on fee's.
Just to keep things in perspective, the parking charge was less than a penny for each of the words I quoted above. Is it REALLY that big of a deal???

I was surprised that I hardly ever see anyone from reno4x4 at any of the CALROCS events, neither as spectators or competitors. WTF is up with that?
I think that people on here are generally more interested in recreational wheeling than competing, but there is at least one competitor on here that I can think of off the top of my head (Trent Fab). Comps are always fun to watch though, and it sounds like plenty of people here attended.

BIG BLUE

I thought the event was cool and had I know I could have driven my rig to the top I would have...although I would have had to bring the excursion as opposed to eclipse. Had a great time at the event. It seems like its getting better each time. Looking forward to the June event. I was gonna compete but my parents are driving up for my kids 8th grade promotion and staying thru the weekend. Although Ill try and drag my dad out there to at least watch. As far as the parking I didn't care just didn't plan for it Since i only brought twenty bucks to get me and my son in. I had to dig thru the car for change. When I asked Don about the charge he told me it was cause he had decided to rebuild his cage out chromoly tubing and needed to make up the extra difference on the tubing price....I might be pharparsing a little and it might have been more like its to pay for the water to keep the dust down? Either way I'm looking forward to the giants throne as a serious, with a title at the end of the year.