CB bargin

scottb

damn that would be nice. i just carry my gmrs radios with me (got 2 in case someone else is with me and we have to split up)...

Sierra Valley

Damn, I want to order two right now and the link isnt working and I cant find this on the webpage. Can anybody else:thumbsup:

Sierra Valley

Damn, damn, damn. I just installed one that i stole from my dad and it only receives and I cant transmitt. Any suggestions, could it be my wiring? Or any other thing I can check on.:blender: :blender: :blender: :blender: Blenders are cool.

rusty_tlc

Sell blood and buy the $30 unit from Radio Shack?
If you powered the unit without an antenna attached it's toast.

CB's are so cheap I wouldn't mess around to long trying to figure it out.
:beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: I avoid stuff that comes out of blenders.

86xjfor8

Sierra Valley said:
Damn, damn, damn. I just installed one that i stole from my dad and it only receives and I cant transmitt. Any suggestions, could it be my wiring? Or any other thing I can check on.:blender: :blender: :blender: :blender: Blenders are cool.
Hey Sierra Valley I got one of those $30 radioshack CBs I will sell you cheap and it works great I just decided to put my uniden in instead so let me know if you want it

Sierra Valley

rusty_tlc said:
Sell blood and buy the $30 unit from Radio Shack?
If you powered the unit without an antenna attached it's toast.

CB's are so cheap I wouldn't mess around to long trying to figure it out.
:beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: I avoid stuff that comes out of blenders.

Antenna is hooked up, its got a ground, people can here me trying to contact them but its fuzz. Could be the microphone or something.

Sierra Valley

86xjfor8 said:
Hey Sierra Valley I got one of those $30 radioshack CBs I will sell you cheap and it works great I just decided to put my uniden in instead so let me know if you want it

I like cheep stuff. What do you want?:wave:

86xjfor8

Sierra Valley said:
I like cheep stuff. What do you want?:wave:
for you to waste your gas to come to reno and get I will give it to you call me if you want it 830-6240

Last edited:

rusty_tlc

Sierra Valley said:
Antenna is hooked up, its got a ground, people can here me trying to contact them but its fuzz. Could be the microphone or something.
Check your antenna connections, make sure they are tight and clean. If you made up your own cable did you check it with a VSWR meter?

Sierra Valley

rusty_tlc said:
Check your antenna connections, make sure they are tight and clean. If you made up your own cable did you check it with a VSWR meter?

Used a standard cable. Havent checked the conection in the back which could definitely be loose. Still have to get all my camping junk out of the back.

Connect

I'd still put money it's the mic, even with a bad tuning on the antenna you can hear something.

His radio is definatly transmitting, I can look at my meter and see the signal coming in strong and steady, it's just not transmitting any sound.

Sierra Valley

I can here everyone loud and clear, w/ the exception of Rarecj8 towards the end of the day. He was talking up one hell of a storm of B.S. :D

rusty_tlc

Connect said:
I'd still put money it's the mic, even with a bad tuning on the antenna you can hear something.

His radio is definatly transmitting, I can look at my meter and see the signal coming in strong and steady, it's just not transmitting any sound.
He said people could hear fuzz when he was trying to xmit, thats why I thought he should check the antenna connections. Since you see the signal the mic ptt switch is working and the radio is broadcasting. Could be the mic pickup. Easy to check just swap in another mic.

Always fun to trouble shoot "blind". :no:

Sierra Valley

86xjfor8 said:
for you to waste your gas to come to reno and get I will give it to you call me if you want it 830-6240

Hey Steve,

I still need that radio. Sorry was out all weekend, if your around this afternoon I would like to pic it up. I will call you later.

Sierra Valley

Scott,

Would today be a good time to stop buy and get that CB? If you want shoot me a pm w/ your address so I can google it. Thanks buddy.:smokin: