CCW wait time

cmarjeep

Anyone know what the wait times have been in Washoe lately? Took my class this weekend and will turn in my paperwork tomorrow.

I saw some older stuff from early this year on other sites that said some were getting theirs in a little over a month.

jsipe007

I got mine in around 3 weeks. That was back in February though. I'll ask around to coworkers and see what they're saying.

jfrey123

A couple guys on NevadaShooters just said 30-40 days. I'm glad to see Washoe's wait time is way down, my wait was 95 days back in February '13.

jfrey123

I assume that I can renew my permit before it expires in January? I'd prefer to avoid a lapse in the permit.

Yup. No statute defines the timeline for early renewals, but I think the WCSO policy is 90 days prior. The classroom cert is good for at least 6 months prior to your application (it might be a year, I can't remember for sure).

I had a 27 day lapse in my permit last time around. I felt nekid.

gunrunner1911

The certificate of training is good for a year. Washoe County will accept a renewal application no more than 120 prior to expiration. So in theory You could complete it a year and 119 days prior.
The times are becoming normalized at 45 day average which is what we had see for years prior to everyone jumping the bandwagon and the system being flooded.
Which reminds me that the wife is going to have to sign mine soon so i can get a new background check approved one finally.

nomidlname

If you get Utah CCW as well then you can Conceal Carry in all states except:

California, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Guam, Hawaii, Illinois, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, New York City, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Puerto Rico, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Virgin Islands, American Samoa, District of Columbia, N. Mariana Islands

Seems like a lot of exceptions... and it is but what are you gonna do? CCW should be recognized more readily than a Drivers License but we have to work on that.

I'm thinking of applying for an Oregon CCW next time I'm up. Just because it will be nice to have.