CCW wait time

jfrey123

120 days is the legal time frame the sheriff has to issue a permit. Note that it simply must be issued, does not have to be mailed or received by the recipient. And once a permittee knows he has a permit, he can *technically* carry the firearm without catching a felony (permittee carrying a concealed firearm without a permit on their person is only subject to a $25 civil penalty under NRS 202.3667).

BUILTnotBOUGHT

120 days is the legal time frame the sheriff has to issue a permit. Note that it simply must be issued, does not have to be mailed or received by the recipient. And once a permittee knows he has a permit, he can *technically* carry the firearm without catching a felony (permittee carrying a concealed firearm without a permit on their person is only subject to a $25 civil penalty under NRS 202.3667).
How do you know when its been issued?

jfrey123

How do you know when its been issued?

You can call, thought they're not huge fans of people calling for checking status. But if someone was upwards of the 120 days I think calling to ask would be prudent. It really sucks we can't get a penalty passed if a sheriff were to go beyond the lawful time limit, or if no penalty for going too long at least an automatic issuing of the permit...

Tom A

Washoe county really is all over the place on times. When I got mine last year, I was told wait times could be 100 days, I ended up getting mine in 40. Now they are back up to the three months+.

primuspete

So my wife and i took our ccw class on 11/22/14. a bunch of life stuff came up and we never went to the sherifs office to finish the process. do we need to take another class? how long do you have to submit the forms? thanks for any help you can give! pete

Paul123

So my wife and i took our ccw class on 11/22/14. a bunch of life stuff came up and we never went to the sherifs office to finish the process. do we need to take another class? how long do you have to submit the forms? thanks for any help you can give! pete

When I took my class I was told I had 12 months from that date to submit the forms before having to take the class again

jfrey123

All I did was pointout that, barely a month before you asked, the wait time was clearly posted in the thread. I really doubt that changed much, especially since three people replied to your first post and then you asked AGAIN.

But hey, if it takes you three whole days to come up with "stupid" and "idiot" as insults, I can see why you must've missed that factoid.

So do you have your permit yet or not, newb?