CCW wait time

troutman

Well John, the 4 post wonder has more problems than being immature.........I did a query and it looks like his application has been "red flagged" and is on hold for undisclosed reasons. I'm pretty sure I got the right guy........and now he has something new to think about, or not ! are you with me? hahahahahaaa

Last edited:

flighht2k5

Well John, the 4 post wonder has more problems than being immature.........I did a query and it looks like his application has been "red flagged" and is on hold for undisclosed reasons. I'm pretty sure I got the right guy........and now he has something new to think about, or not ! are you with me? hahahahahaaa

Is that really proper to blast something like that on here?

troutman

Public records are public records.......... Hmmm, I wonder what kinds of things would hold up an application....background ? inproper speling or incomplete information on application or maybe didn't sign in the right place? Clerical errors ? hmmmmmmmmm, lol

anybody else know?

Last edited:

jfrey123

Not that I want to defend our 4 post friend... But CCW records, including the application, are not public record according to the NRS. If he's been put on hold buying elsewhere, that's not my business but with an attitude like his I'm not surprised.

troutman

I don't know why it is but, most people fail to submit their "psychological profile" (form 1188) when they submit their ccw permit. I heard that a member on here forgot to do so and was told it would take 6 months to get his card but it's been almost 8 months and still waiting. I seem to remember that the subject was just skimmed over in the CCW class and hardly talked about at all, if at all? lol

ChickenLittle

I don't know why it is but, most people fail to submit their "psychological profile" (form 1188) when they submit their ccw permit. I heard that a member on here forgot to do so and was told it would take 6 months to get his card but it's been almost 8 months and still waiting. I seem to remember that the subject was just skimmed over in the CCW class and hardly talked about at all, if at all? lol

I was going to have my 1188, psyc profile done in Carson for my ccw 2 weeks ago.

Ended up going a different route as driving down there took a bit to long.

rlmjr58

I filled out my own 1188. Completed it with x's and o's then signed it with a happy face with the tongue stuck out. I then folded it into a perfect paper airplane and stapled it to the application with a bakers dozen of staples. Still took a bit over 90 days to get my new permit.

DJRENO

Premium Member
Something must have changes at the WCSO, I took my class on 1/17/2014. Went to the SO the next week. Got permit on 2/10/2014. Of course, that was before Chuckie Allen.

rlmjr58

110 days for mine... Got it on the 25th issued on the 20th. May have been in our P.O. Box for one day, no more.

Anyone know what the deal is with the wait times? I'm at 103 days and my old permit expired a long time ago. I can pass a background check to purchase a firearm any day of the week. This seems obscene and is a delay/infringement on my rights to carry (2A), other counties in this state are issuing a lot faster. I'd like to know what the problem is and right now it seems like it's Chuck Allen, the guy in charge. When is he up for re-election?

jsipe007

120 days is Washoe max for permit issue so you're close. Pretty sure it is only a misdemeanor to carry when waiting for permit renewal as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cmarjeep

I've heard from others similar wait times right now. Nevada law is 120 days from the day you submit so they're getting close. I'm not sure what their process is or how many people they have working on it but it seems like there could be room for improvement in their workflow.

rlmjr58

You will wait the 120 days. I got mine exactly on the 120Th day.

good idea is to apply early so the permit expires when or near the new one is authorized...

jfrey123

I'd like to know what the problem is and right now it seems like it's Chuck Allen, the guy in charge. When is he up for re-election?

This thread, and the long wait times, started way before Sheriff Allen took charge, and he's a strong friend of the 2A crowd. He was just elected last year, he was a FAR better choice regarding gun rights than his rival, so lay off the whole "when's he up for reelection" rhetoric.

The background check they run for CCW is deeper than the one that happens when you do a 4473 at a gun shop. I don't know the exact specifics, but I know the state had to add a new process to the mental health criteria required on renewals in order for us CCW permit holders to retain our exemptions when buying from a dealer (we lost that for almost a year back in 2013ish). There are multiple levels to the check, and I've read the process 10-20 permit requests a day at Parr Blvd. So since your application 103 days ago, they've had between 700-1,400 additional applications come in since (approx 7 weeks, 10-20 a day for 5 days, etc). I'm sorry to hear your old permit expired long before you re-applied, but that's on you. They're given 120 days by statute, and until we get constitutional carry adopted by the legislature, 120 days for a permit they're required to issue to qualified people isn't that big of a deal.

Last edited: