CCW wait time

maxamillion2345

Oh I forgot it's usually California's fault. What about Arizona, Idaho, Utah or Oregon non-resident permits? Fuck them and their money too or are they not causing permits to be issued within the legally required time frame?

At least they are gun friendly states and some have reciprocity. So mostly fuck California.

No not reall, it's not even that. It's just we should process locals before non residents. I understand the law is the law but less applications will result in quicker turn around times. Thats why they fluctuate. Chuck Allen isn't making people wait 120 days just for fun, contrary to what you may beleive.

But boo hoo keep throwing a fit about peoples opinions.

Last edited:

WC43

FYI, I dropped off my CCW renewal paperwork 120 days before expiration. Got it in the mail yesterday, issued in 82 days and in my hand in 85 days. They did make the new expiration date to match the issue day, so I lost about a month in the grand scheme of things. Oh well

Carlos Murphy

Took me about 4 months back in 05 plus $100.00 for the class and $100.00 for the sheriff.

I had to go to the sheriff''s office to pick it up and for every renewal since.

Last edited:

cag33

Bringing this back up. I let my permit expire, I assume I will have to take the class again. Correct? Who would you recommend to take a class with?

Just read that under 120 days is just a renewal. So, any classes coming up?

Last edited:

jfrey123

Yep, you'll need to take a class. If you get your app in within the 120 day grace period, you should only need the renewal portion of the class vs the full 8 hours (but I would recommend calling the WCSO CCW Division to confirm). I'd take it with Maccabee Arms, there have been a number of changes over the past 5 years unless you've kept up on all the laws on your own.

seal13il

Premium Member
How long ago did it expire? that will effect the renewal vs the whole thing.... I believe we are sold out through the 23rd but if it works for you we would be more than happy to assist:)

cag33

How long ago did it expire? that will effect the renewal vs the whole thing.... I believe we are sold out through the 23rd but if it works for you we would be more than happy to assist:)

May 30th. Let me know if you could squeeze me in.

DirtyChemist

Premium Member
Keeping this relevant.

What are the current wait times? Mine expires May, I believe, of 2018 and if possible I'd like to avoid taking my course in December, January or February when it's going to be cold and/or snowing outside.

Sharon, what do you charge for a renewal?

Scrub

Keeping this relevant.

What are the current wait times? Mine expires May, I believe, of 2018 and if possible I'd like to avoid taking my course in December, January or February when it's going to be cold and/or snowing outside.

Sharon, what do you charge for a renewal?

I renewed mine in Mid March. Mine Expired on May 3rd and it took 99 days to get my new one in the mail. Buddy of mine just finally got his renewal in the mail last week and he says it took 121. so, either way, you might want to get it done sooner rather than later.

CashMoney

I piss excellence.
I renewed mine in Mid March. Mine Expired on May 3rd and it took 99 days to get my new one in the mail. Buddy of mine just finally got his renewal in the mail last week and he says it took 121. so, either way, you might want to get it done sooner rather than later.

is it just me or does this seem absolutely fucking ridiculous for a renewal? It's not like you haven't already passed the background checks once already.

is it just me or does this seem absolutely fucking ridiculous for a renewal? It's not like you haven't already passed the background checks once already.

I agree. Especially compared to Utah’s process where it’s completely online, including uploading the pic. Shows up in a few days.

kairo

Staff member
I just renewed mine in Dec. They're taking the full 120 days.

Washington was...Go to the sheriff's office, fill out the paperwork, and they mail you one in about 2 weeks.

DirtyChemist

Premium Member
Currently waiting to hear back from Armed and Safe on their renewal class. Just realized it's February and unless someone knows of a class around the end of February they're getting my money.

Any problem with filling out and signing each form before showing up for fingerprints?
Any advice on what time to go and drop stuff off? I'll have a baby with me so MAYBE that will speed things up. Maybe I'll have someone watch him for a bit. Last time I went everyone went to lunch when I was supposed to be called. They came back and realized I'd been sitting there for an hour.