Charlie's 'Project Poz-R'

Charlie

Thanks to Aarron and the Big O' Crew for pimpin my ride :disagree: :rolleyes: I know it's not a 4x, but it'll have to do for now. Don't laugh too hard, it's paid for :)

btw...Aaron, the spare mounted just fine using the mount from the old Xterra...

DCP_1195.jpg
DCP_1196.jpg
DCP_1198.jpg
DCP_1199.jpg
DCP_1200.jpg

Charlie

18" factory wheels with ~33" tire. These are 17" with ~33" tire. It's about the max you can/should go without lifting it. Tires for a 17 are a heck of a lot easier to get than 18. There a wee bit cheaper as well.

kairo

Staff member
nah, nobody cares. I've pulled up next to a billion cops, and I dont think they even know what they are. In fact, I dont think they're illegal, just not "dot approved"

Aaron: is your tire store the one right by your house? (Big O?)

Charlie

Not likely, but I'll let you set them straight if it comes up ;) I look at it this way, the more of these beaTlocks (i.e. fake) that are mounted, the more they start to look normal and no one will get hassled.

deadandcompany said:
I hope you dont get a ticket for having "beadlocks".

EricsXJ

kairo said:
In fact, I dont think they're illegal, just not "dot approved"

Exactly. And look how much stuff on our rigs isn't DOT approved (just about everything thats not OEM!)

blackwidow

i think the only thing stock on most of our rigs is the frame and body....which even our bodies have mods to em'.

Charlie

The step rails are more for my wife and step mom, but yah they are kind of goofy. As far as leveling the truck goes--you should have seen the rake before I did level it (The front sat about 3" lower if you can believe it) :D

Think kindly of me though, most vehicles I've had, all the running gear/add-ons were done with POR-15 with liberal black rattle-can touch up. I guess I'm taking a break from that and putting as many shiny things as possible on this one... :cool: :rolleyes:

As an aside: lifting this truck costs most people ~$5,000 to do correctly with a 6-8" lift (ProComp and CST). Sure, I could run 35's (maybe 37's with trimming/hacking), but at that point performance would suck, the Nissan spec'd 'Dana 44' would be nuked and need a possible re-gear...just not worth it.

Last edited: