Check them nuts

Fish Sticks

Due to my slipping clutch and time constraints (lazy) I decided to have Reno Clutch and Brake replace the clutch on my '97 XJ. I've heard they do good work.

Friday 4 pm talked with the shop they said it would be done at 4:30. 4:45 arrived at the shop, xj's still on the rack. 5:15 pm Jeeps done, pizza night here I come. Left the shop and 200' down Mill St. the xj pops a CEL. I'm thinking its got to be something else or the shop snapped the oxygen sensor at the cat. Oh well jeep runs the same and the clutch feels so good.
Saturday I start the full tear down for the 4 to 1 transfer case install. First thing I notice is a dangling wire harness. Its the harness to the oxygen sensor at the down pipe. Plug the sensor back in, start the jeep no more engine light, sweet. I notice one of the four bolts at the crossmember is a different head and not even snug. Bolts the wrong size and stripped, looks like nut inside of the unit body is ok. And the best of all, all four nuts to the tranny mount are barely threaded on the studs. Heres hoping that clutch holds up to the new gearing.

Scrub

Man thats kinda scary, ive also heard that that do good work but this is the second time ive heard of stuff being done halfassed. but at least you found out before something failed on you.

-Matt-

DBXJ

see thats why i do all my own work

though i know a few ppl down at reno clutch and they do good work i wonder whats happning down there

DBXJ

blackwidow said:
Isn't your jeep still broken... :avid: lol

umm no its not acually it running pretty good too
and it been runnin for a while now with no problems only thing recently was the harmonic balancer seeing how my clutch tranny ect is all new theres no problems

Last edited:

DBXJ

well air tools area must and u need to line up the plates and what not which there is a tool to do it for like 15 at napa but i can be done by your self if u have the time