Cool Cars

Dennis

Administrator
Staff member
i wouldn't mind this for a daily driver. WK SRT8, 415HP.

wksrt_side1.jpg

or Ford Shelby Cobra GT500, 450+HP.

6944052294116839.JPG

More pics here .

Last edited:

DBXJ

u forgot this part on the stang its estimated 450+ on base and then they supercharge it or thats what they say on caroll shelbys site

Dennis

Administrator
Staff member
e.jpg

It's a 5.4L engine, not 4.6 that regular GTs get.

Those HEMIs have MDS (multiple displacement system), so if you don't floor it it will run on 4 cylinders and get good gas mileage. That's in theory, but who'd drive it like grandma when you have over 400HP?

Last edited:

DBXJ

yea i know it uses the 5.4l and they also have the 5.7 351 and the 427 there gonna put in there but the info i got on the stangs came from caroll shelbys site hes the one responsible for the gt350 and the 500 the gt500 was suposed to be the same engine there puttin in the GT40 but they might go with the 5.7 and the gt350 i think was supposed to get the the 5.4l
the 5.4 are really just a 302 thats been honed as for the 351 thats the factory liters and as for the 427 i dont know the l but i think it was like 7.6 or somthin

blackwidow

im up for the WRX for a DD. And since I have no kids and am not about to become the grocery B!^#$, I'd sure go for a custom chopper. :D

DBXJ

my buddy had a sti and he wasnt impressed i know alot of other ppl who have had the same issue they say get a wrx

Scrub

I've driven both of them, and the WRX is a great car dont get me wrong, i would buy one if i got a good deal on it, but i like the engine and trans better in the STi, plus that thing has a hell of alot more pull than the reg WRX, the only thing about it that i dont like is the wing, and yes i know that it is supposedly functional over 100mph but it looks soooo much better wingless IMO

-Matt-

NevadaXJ

My future DD will either be a Miata, an S2000, or a BMW Z4 3.0. Yes, I like RWD convertibles. I traded in my targa top Honda del Sol for my BMW, and while i love my car, I miss the topless drives.... My moon roof doesn't quite cut it.

I don't miss the lack of torque, though....

My old car:
sol8.jpg

Which I traded in for:
igobmw2.jpg

Currents mods: M3 cat back exhaust, custom made cold air intake. Future mods include M3 cams, M3 intake manifold, reprogrammed ECU.

NevadaXJ

davidt said:
that is a pretty cool car nevxj, I wouldn't mind a 7 series bmw

Either would I... lol. Mine is just a lowly 3 series, but the inline six has more than enough power, although I want even more out of it.... :D

Scrub

There is no such thing as "enough" power.....always gotta have more :)

Last edited:

RenoRacing

Here's my girls' daily driver wrx.(Wingless is the only way to go!)
Anyone that says they aren't impressed with the sti is talking nonsense. From the factory they are truly one of the most performance built and oriented cars out there. THe handling is equal to a porsche, acceleration equal to a vette, plus you get four doors! You cant beat that.

9-09_011.jpg

And this was my d.d. up until the jeep purchase.

6613teg_040.jpg

Scrub

hey he said "one of the most" he dident say it was the only performace oriented car out there :p but yea i would love to have an M3 and if i lived somewhere that it dident snow i would buy one over an STi too :)

Dennis

Administrator
Staff member
here's my daily driver. measely 222HP. :( no mods except for rear swaybar.

11090003.jpg

check out the flex. yes, it's got a "solid axle" in the back. :rolleyes:

DSCF0148.jpg

Last edited: