CounterStrike: Source

NevadaXJ

I know Nick (Kairo) plays, anyone else?

The server I play on is 66.150.188.42:27015 It's a custom map server as well as all the standard maps, and anyone on the wet coast gets a great ping.

My player name is "sadistic".

Nick also has a server he plays at, and can post up the IP there as well. If any of you play, make sure you say hi in the server....

kairo

Staff member
Let the record stand, I am not a geek

well, not entirely

I can host dedicated off my tower too if anybody wants to play a private server

whiteZJ

i love this game. i used to play it everyday, i 'll have to try out that server. whats your name in there usually?

nick a private server would rock sometime. my roomate and i would be down too. we have had lan parties over here with a few accounts.

kairo

Staff member
whiteZJ said:
i love this game. i used to play it everyday, i 'll have to try out that server. whats your name in there usually?

nick a private server would rock sometime. my roomate and i would be down too. we have had lan parties over here with a few accounts.

gimme a ring next time you guys lan and I'll bring my laptop over. It's faster than my desktop anyways :rolleyes:

Connect

I used to play counterstrike 1.6 professionaly :) http://www.caleague.com Source was such a dissapointment to most people who have played for awhile including me. Maybe i'll have to come show some people how its done old-school haha

I play Desertcombat now, a mod for battlefield 1942. And so does renohiltongambler as well.

kairo

Staff member
Connect said:
I used to play counterstrike 1.6 professionaly :) http://www.caleague.com Source was such a dissapointment to most people who have played for awhile including me. Maybe i'll have to come show some people how its done old-school haha

I play Desertcombat now, a mod for battlefield 1942. And so does renohiltongambler as well.

I was in Cal-i as well as OGL back when cs was 1.3 I still think 1.3 > 1.6 > source. They tried to make CS like "every other game" and it makes me cry lol

NevadaXJ

I have been playing since 1.3 as well. i tried playing 1.6 the other day... and it is so.... ugly. I like source much more than I liked 1.3, 1.6, and CZ.

Connect

1.3 was tight, bunny hopping and no recoil on the deagles. I started playing when 1.5 was out, it was all good, probably the most well rounded competition version around. Then when steam came out with 1.6 all hell broke loose.

I like the graphics on source and all, but the hitboxes and the random HS's just killed it for me. Little bit more laggy and a little bit more glitchy.

CZ is the dark child of the family, everyone who bought it hates it, and everyone who didnt was... smart.

I made it to cal-im (before they took it out) but I really was starting to HATE the game with all the hacks in cal-o and stuff.