Dana 30 front axle question

the_bunnisher

I have a tj and im looking for spare front axle shafts and was wondering if the dana 30 in the xj was the same in the tj. or if any other jeeps share the same D30 shafts as the tj, Same question for a D44 rear axle. thanks for any input

PizzaJeep

ive got a 99 tj and just swapped out my 30 for a 44 out of a wagoneer. i have the whole axle complete just sitting in my back yard and would be more than happy to sell you the shafts for a good price!
let me know what theyre worth to you
Tony

DBXJ

hey i thought u wre gonna hook me up with those d30 shaft and disks?
or are they for the 44

the_bunnisher

yea, id be interested in the D30 shafts, unless DBXJ has first dibs, but im guessing since he wants the shafts the answer to my question is that the xj and tj shafts are interchangable??????

DBXJ

well what i was gonna do is convert mine to locking hubs but if it doesnt work u can have them

Dennis

Administrator
Staff member
I also have Dana 30 front shafts and unitbearngs from 97 TJ for sale. $200 for everything, or $150 for shafts only.

EricsXJ

the_bunnisher said:
I have a tj and im looking for spare front axle shafts and was wondering if the dana 30 in the xj was the same in the tj. or if any other jeeps share the same D30 shafts as the tj, Same question for a D44 rear axle. thanks for any input
To answer your question, yes XJ D30 shafts will work in a TJ D30. (Just FYI, '00 and '01 XJs have the exact same low pinion 30 as the TJs...) What you want is the larger 297x u-joints that came in all 95 and newer XJs and any older ones with ABS brakes. You could still get shafts with the smaller 260x u-joints as spares but they are weaker of course.

PizzaJeep

dbxj wants a lot of the extra crap i have layin around my house, thats old and i cant use anymore- whoever gives me money first gets it. let me know what stuff is worth to you, either one of you guys can come over to my house in golden valley and check out what ive got

i want this axle crap out of my yard, and some money in my pocket so that i can work on the next steps of my buildup(tcase, longarm)