dye_dan

Here's my rigs:

'63 Willys CJ5
jeep2.JPG

'76 Chevy K5
blazer.JPG

WillysandBlazer.JPG

Rambler

Nice K5. It's good to see a full size in here. I was feeling way too outnumbered. :biggrin: I like the rack you have on the top. Did you make it or find it somewhere?

I like the K5 too. Not enough room for me, the wife and kid though. I know we could squeeze, but then it wouldn't be as comfortable. That's part of why I went full sized.

- John

dye_dan

I like the K5 too. Not enough room for me, the wife and kid though.

I think you meant the CJ there. You're right - not enough room. I just got it to take out and beat. Actually it's going to be my hunting rig this year. The area I'm hunting in Idaho now is just a little too steep and narrow for the blazer. Right now I'm searching around for spare parts for the axles and stuff so I can play hard.

I built the rack for the blazer too - they cost too much to buy. Wanted a good place for the spare and hi-lift without sacrificing interior space.

dye_dan

Here's what I recently built for the CJ. Now I have somewhere to put my spare and hi-lift, and it doubles my gas capacity! (it has the underseat tank for now) Also made a bumper with some 1" steel shackle brackets and receiver hitch.

Ignore the chrome diff - I didn't put that stupid thing on. Diff guard is high on the list.

tire%20rack.jpg

rusty_tlc

dye_dan said:
Here's what I recently built for the CJ. Now I have somewhere to put my spare and hi-lift, and it doubles my gas capacity! (it has the underseat tank for now) Also made a bumper with some 1" steel shackle brackets and receiver hitch.

Ignore the chrome diff - I didn't put that stupid thing on. Diff guard is high on the list.

<image snipped>
That's nice! I need something like that as soon as I get the typical FJ40 rear channel rust fixed and have a place to bolt it up.