DeathWobble, part 2?

Connect

Ok so I got it aligned, performs fine on the street, starts to get shaky right at 55, smooths out after 60 or so, but any 2 bumps in a row does it in past 55 mph.

Not knowing really anything the whole front end setup the way it is looks like a deathtrap to me (not stiff enough)

Ok so solutions will be in the form of new trackbar, hi-steer kit, y link setup, leaf coversion, knuckle bearings... most of which (excluding the trackbar) sound like more work then I'm really willing to do yet alone afford.

:banghead: :ne_nau: :(

Scrub

Well i would start off light and buy the Adjustable Trackbar first......all of the other things listed are Big Time Projects and there are much easier things to do to help cure DW

Scrub

Connect said:
does it matter which? there was sme no name adjustable at summit for like 160

Well for that price you can just get a name brand one

Rusty's Adjustable
http://rustysoffroad.com/Merchant2/...&Product_Code=TB-100&Category_Code=sus_xj_par

Rubicon Express Track Bars

http://www.rubiconexpress.com/dynamic/mainpage.asp?folderid=220

I'm personally running the RE1600 right now and its a Nice Hefty Unit compared to the stock track bar. or you can spend a little more and get the HD one which come with a mounting bracket and stuff. Pretty much everyone is gonna tell you that the RE track bars a very good product, but amlost anything is better than running your stock track bar on a lifted rig.

Hope this helps some
-Matt-

Scrub

Its totally up to you, i havent seen anyone say anything bad about the procomp suspension parts cept for the shocks so I Dont think it would be all that bad.

-Matt-

KYOTA

dont know about you jeep guys :D but for Yotas with DW you'd start looking at worn TRE's or ball joints, wheel bearings- correct preload or worn out, trunion bearings-preload or worn out. And as simple as worn tires incorrect pressures, out of balance. Also need to check for correct toe-in. get in there and check things out before you start throwing $$ at it, because more than likely you'll buy something to fix what you think is the cause and it wont be what was the problem.

Fish Sticks

Denis said:
go with RE1660 with bracket, it's beef.

Agreed. The 1660 gives room to grow. The other track bars max out at 4.5" and the threaded coupler is down to about 3 threads holding your junk together.
My last bout with DW was caused by out of balance heavy front tires and a loose upper frame track bar mount. I measured, looked at bushings and bearings, checked U joints and tightened everthing to find the problem. Like everyone advises start basic before blowing money.

Last edited:

Scrub

Denis said:
go with RE1660 with bracket, it's beef.

Agreed the 1660 is sweet thats what i wanted to get but i got a good deal on a used 1600 and i desperatly needed some sort of new track bar thats why i got it :yup: but i was planning on buying the 1660.

-Matt-

Connect

Toe in is good, I think it could be something to do with the trackbar upper joint because It is stock and looks very worn out, also the jamb nut on the axle side keeps coming loose.

Front tires are probably out of balance but they are almost bald, I'd get new (used) set all around but if it doesn't fix it I'm out track bar money :(

Ball joints don't seem in all bad of shape (not loose to the point you can measure)

KYOTA

ok I'm following now, you have coil sprung front with trac bars locating the axle correct? yeah I'd say if the bushings in the track bars are worn that would allow the axle to move causing the DW. Told you i dont know Jeeps :disagree:

xjmoser

Connect said:
Front tires are probably out of balance but they are almost bald, I'd get new (used) set all around but if it doesn't fix it I'm out track bar money :(
)

If the track bar doesnt fix it your out tire money.

Get some tires you can have balanced and go from there.

Connect

The track bar jamb nutt keeps coming loose, and its tearing the hell out of the mount bracket on the axle.

I am going to swap the rear tires for front and see if that helps tonight.