Demolition Derby Sunday

RARECJ8

Anyone go to the Demolition Derby at the State Fair?
What a great show!!
One 'iffy' and dangerous thing we saw was one of the rescue rigs-- the vehicles that recover immobile cars from the arena-- it was this black lifted YJ on what looks like D60s and 40" Swampers.

He was using a chain (what, no strap?) and, get this, he wrapped the tow chain right around left rear extended shackle. He did a couple hard side pulls and the left rear spring really took a beating, once nearly twisted the pack horizontal and did a nasty reallignment of the shackle. Sorry no pix-- but C'MON!! That's the most lame place in the woirld to mount a recoivery line, chain or not. We were suprised he didn't break the shackle or the leaf pack.

Sheesh!

mb

Scrub

Man, I was pissed i call them up and asked if they were having a Demo Derby this year (i Normally go each year but heard it was a new organizer this year) and they told me they were no longer having the derby at the fair. so i dident go down there at all :mad:

RARECJ8

yep it was a grand affair. its usually and always held on saturday night, after dark-- this year it was yesterday, sunday at 3pm. It was not the usual dudes-- Dutch Holland from, i think Yukia ,CA.

anyway, when i heard it was sunday at 3pm, i thought that could not be-- so i went to the state fail web sirte and sure enough, there it was.

saw a few area wheelers in the derby-- DAnny from Denny's Automotive and LD Landis from Twisted Metal. GREAT TIME! Lots of carnage!

mv

White7

one of the guys from my work was driving the 98.1 car in the first heat,he was the dude throwin out all the candy and footballs,,and yep that was a great show as usual