differentail skids

Knight

after bronco canyon i realise more armor is needed :D i was wondering if any one had a good patteren for dana 30, and 35

EricsXJ

Are you going to make your own diff guards? If so I can lend you a D30 cover I have that you could use as a template - you might want to verify that it is the same as your D30 cover. This one was from a low pinion 30 but I think its the same on any other XJ Dana 30 or YJ 30 for that matter.

PS. Both my diff guards have so much rock rash on them that I'm very glad I have them. Well worth the purchase. The rear one I just repainted but its seen its share of rash as well!

Dennis

Administrator
Staff member
EricsXJ said:
Are you going to make your own diff guards? If so I can lend you a D30 cover I have that you could use as a template - you might want to verify that it is the same as your D30 cover. This one was from a low pinion 30 but I think its the same on any other XJ Dana 30 or YJ 30 for that matter.

PS. Both my diff guards have so much rock rash on them that I'm very glad I have them. Well worth the purchase. The rear one I just repainted but its seen its share of rash as well!

The only difference between LP and HP covers is the fill hole is slightly higher on the HP one.

Knight

i have a friend in shop class who is going to make them for me, what kinda of meterial is best and what thinkness?

throttleboy

Knight said:
i have a friend in shop class who is going to make them for me, what kinda of meterial is best and what thinkness?
i can build you a set of these,ring gear gaurd is 1/4"x3"s wide and diff ring is 1/2" if your deal with your friend dont work out let me know !!

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    24.2 KB · Views: 53

MR.ROCKAPE

throttleboy said:
i can build you a set of these,ring gear gaurd is 1/4"x3"s wide and diff ring is 1/2" if your deal with your friend dont work out let me know !!
Now that looks exactly like the one on the front of my buggy!!Hey Throttle does Clifton Slay know??(Yeah he wants his cut)