Does anyone know?

Mazzif

I was beating up the dodge facebook groups recently...asking if anyone knows what size the front carrier was in a 99 Dodge Durango 4x4 is. Not a single person knew. I know now, thanks to a visit to Driveline and Gear, but curious if the gear heads here know.
Discuss!
hdr_00196_dark_light_normal_tonemapped.jpg

Mazzif

Chrysler 8" IFS diff. What do I get?
Nothing yet, its not an 8". But aside from that, I think how I'm describing what I was looking for incorrectly. For example, shopping for a locker, they list various dimensions for the 'carrier' ie: 27 spline/1.625" carrier. I think they are referring to the side gear bore, but odd that they call it the 'carrier' in the description. So I'll rephrase my question. What is the side gear bore size for a 99 Dodge Durango front diif?

1623354465457.png?

3rd Petal

For Ford I was told the cut off for the different size center bore was 93…. But when I went off that I had the wrong locker when I got around to opening it up. I would just open it and measure before you order one

3rd Petal

As far as I know, the two options are 1.55 and 1.625…. At least with Ford Dana 35’s
2310 and 2311 are your two lock right options for a d35

DirtyChemist

Premium Member
Yeah and the lock rite locker is a bad option. I blew up 2 and destroyed the splines on my axle shaft when I blew the last one. If you’re going to keep the 35 replace the carrier. Exchanging them at Summit Racing then buying new gear oil gets really old and you’ll wish you had a Lube Locker gasket after the second time.

Mazzif

As far as I know, the two options are 1.55 and 1.625…. At least with Ford Dana 35’s
2310 and 2311 are your two lock right options for a d35
This is correct info. Side gear bore is 1.560.
I went with Spartan P/N SL M35-1.5-27 (I ran them in my Toyota front and rear and had good experience)

I just found it interesting how little documentation can be found online when trying to determine proper size. Thanks for the discussion.