Dove Hunting

ripnrr

Does anyone know of a decent place to dove hunt. Not looking for your secret spot. Just a place to get on some dove when it opens.

rundovr

If you want to travel a little, go to fallon and hunt deversion dam area if you want to say here in reno, try off golden estates road in golden valley, just watch for kids on motors. e-mail me if you want more [email protected]

RARECJ8

Or you can come over here and take practice shots at the pidgeons on the roof top down the street...

bamftruck

i was thinking about shooting the quail in my back yard with a BB gun and the cooking them up but i sont know if its illegal, what do you guys think

RARECJ8

probably not legal i'd bet - but a BB is a 'firearm' and if u flunk the attitude test, it could = discharge w/in city limits.

rundovr

quail can only be taken in season with a valid license. And can only be taken with a shot gun.

bb guns do not fall under firearms due to no propellent being used. gas that is not burned does not count. could be classed as a dangerous weapon if used in a manor which endangers another person or a felony if used to commit a crime such as robbery.

RARECJ8

quail can only be taken in season with a valid license. And can only be taken with a shot gun.

bb guns do not fall under firearms due to no propellent being used. gas that is not burned does not count. could be classed as a dangerous weapon if used in a manor which endangers another person or a felony if used to commit a crime such as robbery.

interesting-- i heard that ex-cons/felons and those convictred of domestic battery cannot possess BB guns-- just as they're forbidden from 'real' firearms.

mb

kairo

Staff member
When the water's low, Washoe lake is a great place to hunt.

I've hunted peavine a bunch of times and got nothing but a nice walk

Mrburns

:bs:

In Washoe County (Sparks for sure!) they have revised this so that firing a paintball gun and/or a BB-pellet gun CAN be construed as discharging a firearm (IE: shooting a rifle/handgun). This was in response to numerous complaints filed about "kids" shooting things up with paintball guns and then having no serious repercussions/consequences for their actions.

rundovr

do you know the statute i want to look up the offense because shooting a real gun is a felony I.E. firing into an occupied dwelling, shooting from or at a vehicle

Reno Off-Road

Find a rancher who has a wheat field or simular. I hunt'm in Yerington and you can limit out within a half hour if your a good shot. Takes me longer sometimes :mad:

You might wanna check with the ranchers out in Palamino Valley.

ZJchukar

Resurrection!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is the first year I've had to pick my own spot - I've always tagged along with other groups that know where to go. I too, have the same question. I'm not sure where to go, any ideas?