Drove an STI today...

kairo

Staff member
My buddy and I took his 2003 explorer and pretended to trade it in at a few dealerships. We test drove the '06 Subie STI among other things. man that thing is fast!! if I had 33k I know where it'd be going :D Also drove some new cummins diesels and a ford or two. Checked out the viper in the dodge showroom, looked at the three week jeep, drooled over the CBRs at Big vally honda.
Good day :D

Sasquatch

Premium Member
That;s cool. When I get my Lifted Brat the way I want it, I'm gonna pull in there and up onto their display and then ask if I can test drive somethin, leavin it there for them to drool over.:D

Dirty Harry

Staff member
Those are nice cars, but I still like my Evolution better. :D Did you get good treatment at the Subaru dealership? When I went to test drive STIs they acted like they were doing me a favor and all the salesman did was badmouth the competition. :rolleyes:

What did you think of the diesels? At my last job I was fortunate enough to spend a lot of time driving (and towing with) all three diesels and I really like the Dodge the best. Has a nice powerband, is relatively quiet, and the truck seems easier to maneuver than the Ford or Chevy.

kairo

Staff member
the subaru guy was really nice. he let us drive that car for at least a half hour:yes: I agree with you on the dodge diesel. I like them better than the ford or chevy as well. My dad drives an '03 f350 diesel, and it's a nice truck. Given the choice, I'd get a dodge 2500 with the cummins

izzy

very cool, ya i got to drive an evolution 8 on my day and got pulled over for doing 90 in a 35. very fast.

Dennis

Administrator
Staff member
Evo X :woot: i like

Attachments

• evo-x-f-s.jpg
    evo-x-f-s.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 112
  • evo-x-f3q-a.jpg
    evo-x-f3q-a.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 108
  • evo-x-f3q-st.jpg
    evo-x-f3q-st.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 111
  • evo-x-r3q.jpg
    evo-x-r3q.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 109

NevadaXJ

Evo and STi are pretty nice, however they both have too many doors. Once I get into a house I will be looking at Honda S2000's and BMW Z4's. The wife drives the 4 door cars...lol

Dennis

Administrator
Staff member
4x4babe said:
damn...and here i thought i joined a 4wheelin club...not some dam ricer groupies.:D

STI and Evo are AWD, so they are "4wheeing". :D :smokin:

And there's a big difference between rice and race.

Connect

Oh yea thats the first thing your gonna do when you go buy a $37000 STI "rally" car.

If you race, I can understand, but a DD.... come on please

NevadaXJ

Connect said:
Oh yea thats the first thing your gonna do when you go buy a $37000 STI "rally" car.

If you race, I can understand, but a DD.... come on please

A WRX would do quite nicely on 90 percent of the trails and back roads around here. I know several people who take them out "wheeling". Sure, you aren't going to be able to negotiate bronco canyon, but their AWD capabilities are legendary.

Connect

No I agree they are "capable", on snow or plain dirt roads. But rallying is a whole other story. no one would walk their BRAND NEW STI off the lot, and go raiding the gravel roads at 65 + mph. Plus lets face it, if you get a WRX or an STI you bought it for street performance, and maybe, just maybe, drive in a little snow or take their bicycle out to some remote place.

Last edited:

4X4BABE

Connect said:
No I agree they are "capable", on snow or plain dirt roads. But rallying is a whole other story. no one would walk their BRAND NEW STI off the lot, and go raiding the gravel roads at 65 + mph.
preach on my lil niglet!

Connect

4x4babe said:
preach on my lil niglet!

And if anyone is stupid enough to go buy a new STI to rally it. Pick me up on the way cause I want to see the look on your face when you spin out into a ditch :roll: :roll: