Dueling buggies

Tfab

Premium Member
Here are some shots of two buggies we are building . Bryan is building the newly designed Jeep 4 seater buggy and Taylor is building a classic 100 proof 2 seat cruiser buggy that we are modifying to fit 3 seats

Attachments

• 100 proof chassiss 001.JPG
    100 proof chassiss 001.JPG
    121 KB · Views: 875
  • 100 proof chassiss 002.JPG
    100 proof chassiss 002.JPG
    118.8 KB · Views: 834
  • 100 proof chassiss 004.JPG
    100 proof chassiss 004.JPG
    101.5 KB · Views: 661
  • 100 proof chassiss 005.JPG
    100 proof chassiss 005.JPG
    124.3 KB · Views: 660
  • 100 proof chassiss 006.JPG
    100 proof chassiss 006.JPG
    115 KB · Views: 640

Tfab

Premium Member
Looks Good. :thumbsup: The pictures don't do them justice. They are lookin' sweet in person.

Thanks Dan your rig is sweet too :thumbsup:

Here is a pic of the 4 seaters A/C unit :eek: I know right A/C in a buggy is gonna ROCK !

Attachments

• 100 proof chassiss 003.JPG
    100 proof chassiss 003.JPG
    109.9 KB · Views: 715

Tfab

Premium Member
The 4 seater is getting 2" upper Aluminum Links and 2.25" Aluminum lowers with 1.25" Heims Here is a pick of the batwing link mount

Attachments

• 100 proof chassiss 008.JPG
    100 proof chassiss 008.JPG
    66.5 KB · Views: 668

Ampdraw

I seen that 3 seater chassis on your web site just yesterday. I had started a post here somewhere thinking about attempting to build my own 3 seater just because I don't have the $80K most places want for these things fully built. No, I've never done it before, so it would of been a learning experience.

That price and design is exactly what I had in mind!

http://www.trentfabrication.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=7&products_id=111

I'm completely absorbed in trying to find a house at the moment, as soon as I get that out of the way I'll be down there talking to you guys. If you guys can build the chassis for that price, that's less than what I would end up investing in specialized tools and materials to try and do it myself, plus it will of been professionally designed and built. Can't go wrong there.

I'll be putting AC in mine as well, gotta have the AC.

Tfab

Premium Member
I seen that 3 seater chassis on your web site just yesterday. I had started a post here somewhere thinking about attempting to build my own 3 seater just because I don't have the $80K most places want for these things fully built. No, I've never done it before, so it would of been a learning experience.

That price and design is exactly what I had in mind!

http://www.trentfabrication.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=7&products_id=111

I'm completely absorbed in trying to find a house at the moment, as soon as I get that out of the way I'll be down there talking to you guys. If you guys can build the chassis for that price, that's less than what I would end up investing in specialized tools and materials to try and do it myself, plus it will of been professionally designed and built. Can't go wrong there.

I'll be putting AC in mine as well, gotta have the AC.
That is an old school 100 proof cruiser chassis it takes us about 1 week to build one but I have two guys that build them and we are about 6 chassis out so I would say we can get started on it in about 3-4 weeks . Those chassis start at $4400 , The base chassis is 1.5" DOM and this chassis can be used as a 2-seater or a 3-seater . The chassis you sent us the link to is slightly different and would be $4900
-Lisa

Ampdraw

Like I said, I'm in the process of looking for a house to buy at the moment so I can have enough garage space to begin a major project in. As soon as I get that out of the way I'll be down there to talk to you. Its already September now (where did the year go?), so I probably wouldn't be ready till the beginning of the new year to place my actual order.

Even then it wouldn't be a big rush on you to complete it, as once I get the chassis its still going to take me some time to get everything else together and complete it.

Tfab

Premium Member
Here are some pics of the axle assemblies on each buggy

Attachments

• deuling buggies 007.JPG
    deuling buggies 007.JPG
    109.9 KB · Views: 632
  • deuling buggies 004.JPG
    deuling buggies 004.JPG
    119.4 KB · Views: 524
  • deuling buggies 013.JPG
    deuling buggies 013.JPG
    122.5 KB · Views: 702
  • deuling buggies 001.JPG
    deuling buggies 001.JPG
    98.9 KB · Views: 562

Tfab

Premium Member
Here are some pics of our link mounts , Motor mounts , Transfer case mounts , and a custom aluminum cargo tray

Attachments

• deuling buggies 005.JPG
    deuling buggies 005.JPG
    106.6 KB · Views: 493
  • deuling buggies 012.JPG
    deuling buggies 012.JPG
    85.4 KB · Views: 551
  • deuling buggies 002.JPG
    deuling buggies 002.JPG
    90.3 KB · Views: 493
  • deuling buggies 010.JPG
    deuling buggies 010.JPG
    89 KB · Views: 546

yotapower

Lisa you should really take some brake clean and clean up the drunk sharpie graffiti before posting pics! Some people might get the wrong idea!:D

Ampdraw

Lisa you should really take some brake clean and clean up the drunk sharpie graffiti before posting pics! Some people might get the wrong idea!:D

I don't know, looks like some of that graffiti serves a practical purpose.

My project partner (4 year old son Rowen) and I are enjoying watching one of these get built up. We've seen your work often enough out at the CalROCs events to know you guys do great work. Really looking forward to getting our own project started with you guys.

Ok, gotta finish typing, he's setting on my lap wanting to see the pictures again.

Tfab

Premium Member

LOL the reason we do that is so we all know there is no oil in the differential . We only wipe it off when there is oil in the differential , that way when the owner of the rig peels out we know his gears will be sufficiently lubricated :thumbsup:

Tfab

Premium Member
Some link and link mount pics

Attachments

• deuling buggies 008.jpg
    deuling buggies 008.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 491
  • deuling buggies 010.jpg
    deuling buggies 010.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 489
  • deuling buggies 011.jpg
    deuling buggies 011.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 1,004

Tfab

Premium Member
anyone can

zzzzzzzzzz stop let cool ...............zzzzzzzzzzz stop let cool ............zzzzzzzzzzz stop let cool it's that easy to stitch weld

Oh please it is not that easy ... I have some of the best fabricators/welders in the area . They have been doing this all of their lives ...they are GOOD . Practice makes perfect and consistency is key . Anyone can weld like this ..... in due time . Easy zzzz zzzz is not how I would describe it though .
-Lisa

1SAWB

oh please it is not that easy ... I have some of the best fabricators/welders in the area . They have been doing this all of their lives ...they are good . Practice makes perfect and consistency is key . Anyone can weld like this ..... In due time . Easy zzzz zzzz is not how i would describe it though .
-lisa

it is that easy

it's a basic stitch weld. Most professional welder's will not use this method because it is considered a cold weld becauseth eheat stop's and then start's so the penitration sux. Never said anything about the fabrication work at all just the weld and him wishing he could do it. It's all for looks and that's it :d

THE WAY YOU CAN TELL IT'S A STITCH WELD IS LOOK AT THE CENTER OF THE PUDDLE YOU CAN SEE THE LITTLE TIT. IM GOING TO SAY THAT BRIAN WELDED THAT AND NOT TAYLOR

Tfab

Premium Member
it is that easy

it's a basic stitch weld. Most professional welder's will not use this method because it is considered a cold weld becauseth eheat stop's and then start's so the penitration sux. Never said anything about the fabrication work at all just the weld and him wishing he could do it. It's all for looks and that's it :d

THE WAY YOU CAN TELL IT'S A STITCH WELD IS LOOK AT THE CENTER OF THE PUDDLE YOU CAN SEE THE LITTLE TIT. IM GOING TO SAY THAT BRIAN WELDED THAT AND NOT TAYLOR

At a glance it dose look like a stich weld but it is not. It is Taylor's weld. It might look like a stich weld but a closer look will show that there are no starts and stops. Stich welds have a small dot in the middle and lots of spatter.
Derek Trent