Dueling buggies

1SAWB

at a glance it dose look like a stich weld but it is not. It is taylor's weld. It might look like a stich weld but a closer look will show that there are no starts and stops. Stich welds have a small dot in the middle and lots of spatter.
Derek trent

there is a dot in the center

Deluxxx

I'd kill to come work with you guys... Super clean fab, welding takes lots of time to figure out, it's been my job for three years and I still learn new things all the time

Samco Fab

I would say that could be a whip technique, that is hold the trigger on and manipulate the bead manually. You can get the dot in the center with a trigger weld, or a "whip" .

We use a similar technique, and some people think they are trigger welds, but they are not. The dot in the center is something good to try to overlap the puddles, but sometimes you get a couple. The dot can be a stress riser to start a crack, but mainly if they have a pinhole, and none of those have that.

That all looks really nice, good work!!

Deluxxx

it is that easy

it's a basic stitch weld. Most professional welder's will not use this method because it is considered a cold weld becauseth eheat stop's and then start's so the penitration sux. Never said anything about the fabrication work at all just the weld and him wishing he could do it. It's all for looks and that's it :d

THE WAY YOU CAN TELL IT'S A STITCH WELD IS LOOK AT THE CENTER OF THE PUDDLE YOU CAN SEE THE LITTLE TIT. IM GOING TO SAY THAT BRIAN WELDED THAT AND NOT TAYLOR

FYI: you can "stitch" weld without any cratering or pinholes in the center... Just DONT let the puddle cool before you start the next "stitch" and start the next puddle right on the edge or a little bit on the last weld :thumbsup: and ethier way you can't deny the excellence of these buggies... Works of art just like all of samco's fab which is also sweet like bear meat..

Tfab

Premium Member
Sorry but we have been experiencing technical difficulties with our camera ...... So I went and bought a new one . If anyone can fix my Canon powershot S3 IS I will buy them some bee...SODA :thumbsup:

Tfab

Premium Member
Here are some pics of the 3 seat rolling chassis . Taylor did an awesome job getting this rig done quickly :thumbsup: Bryan is not far behind and we will get some pics of the four seater up soon

Attachments

• 9-25-9 shiloh work 001a.JPG
    9-25-9 shiloh work 001a.JPG
    117.3 KB · Views: 236
  • 9-25-9 shiloh work 003a.JPG
    9-25-9 shiloh work 003a.JPG
    116.3 KB · Views: 249
  • 9-25-9 shiloh work 004a.JPG
    9-25-9 shiloh work 004a.JPG
    108.1 KB · Views: 239
  • 9-25-9 shiloh work 005a.JPG
    9-25-9 shiloh work 005a.JPG
    110.2 KB · Views: 240
  • 9-25-9 shiloh work 013a.JPG
    9-25-9 shiloh work 013a.JPG
    118.8 KB · Views: 253

Tfab

Premium Member
If anyone would like any more specific pitures or descriptions or explanations please feel free to ask . Once again these are NOT stitch welds Sam and Derek already covered that .

trupster415

This customer ordered a standard 2 seat rolling chassis and upgraded to a 3 seater . TIG welded chassis' are an expensive upgrade .

got ya. a few of my buddies only fab with TIGS. so i'm trying to learn that. when i get good enough off with the mig and in with the TIG

Tfab

Premium Member
got ya. a few of my buddies only fab with TIGS. so i'm trying to learn that. when i get good enough off with the mig and in with the TIG

Tig welding is very time consuming . Bryan Tig welded some stuff on the Buggy he's currently working on . I will get some pics of them for you on Monday
-Lisa

Ampdraw

If anyone would like any more specific pitures or descriptions or explanations please feel free to ask . Once again these are NOT stitch welds Sam and Derek already covered that .
I do have a question, what are your hours? Is anyone there (Sparks or Tahoe City) on Saturday more specifically? Still looking at the first of the year, but I'd like to at least come down there and meet with you guys and get some more info on prices and options.

Tfab

Premium Member
I do have a question, what are your hours? Is anyone there (Sparks or Tahoe City) on Saturday more specifically? Still looking at the first of the year, but I'd like to at least come down there and meet with you guys and get some more info on prices and options.

Everyone will be here Saturday October 24th at 5P.M. !!!!!!!